free hit
counters
Giugiaro S3 NA gearbox have circlip problem? - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
balled46

Giugiaro S3 NA gearbox have circlip problem?

Does the Giugiaro S3 NA have the same problem with the clutch shaft circlip failing as the Turbo? I understand its the tapered bearing on the clutch staff introduced to deal with the extra Turbo torque that causes the problem.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, yes could be same problem. Input shaft is spring loaded and because the nylon thrust washer and spigot bearing can't hold, shaft can "drill" itself into crankshaft.

Install ball bearing and/or better circlip.

cheers,

Harry Martens

You can get the better/heavy duty circlip from Harry; I purchased the heavy duty circlip, along with a Quaife LSD and revised input shaft from him, and the transaction (via PayPal, with me absorbing the Paypal fees) could not have been easier. The shipment from Netherlands to the US was also smooth and painless--and quick! He packaged everything extremely well so all parts remained utterly unscathed from their travels.

I'm fairly sure Harry supplies the ball bearing to replace the other spigot bearing as well, but I didn't think to purchase it at the time. Now that he mentions it, I may have to do so at some point (once my project gets underway).

Cheers,

Scott