free hit
counters
Just made an offer - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Guest saraphee

Just made an offer

Guest saraphee

if you're following Charlie Croker's interesting thread you will see that I've just offered to cost out the stainless steel seat lever covers that he's recently fitted to his éclat.

It struck me that if folks want to upgrade their flimsy Lotus bits they may be interested in door pulls, or any of the trim pieces on the tunnel.

If you are feel free to let me know, I'll cost them and let you know................

post-9228-0-30360500-1422251421.jpg

post-9228-0-78530000-1422251422.jpg

post-9228-0-93748800-1422251423.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had wondered about a stainless or aluminium gear lever gate...

For a 5 speeder of course.

Guest saraphee

Mike -

I would need a sample or 360 degree photographs and accurate measurements to take to the workshop.   

These guys have never seen a Lotus in their lives, they have simply reproduced accurately samples taken from my car and took around 5 -6 days to do it. I'll be happy to enquire if you can help me with what you need. I have an automatic so nothing here to show them sadly

Paul -

I'll be going to the workshop next week so I'll ask them to come up with prices and then give you an approx Sterling version.

Thanks Rex, did they make the center tunnel dividers for you as mine have fallen into dust!

I can vouch for the fit and quality, those seat lever finishers were a perfect fit and the quality is top draw. 

Mike -

I would need a sample or 360 degree photographs and accurate measurements to take to the workshop.   

These guys have never seen a Lotus in their lives, they have simply reproduced accurately samples taken from my car and took around 5 -6 days to do it. I'll be happy to enquire if you can help me with what you need. I have an automatic so nothing here to show them sadly

Paul -

I'll be going to the workshop next week so I'll ask them to come up with prices and then give you an approx Sterling version.

Rex,

Fair point. I will need to get my gear box back in so hold that thought. It will be several months but I can knock up a template and do measurements to get to you at some point.

Rex,

I'm game for both the seat lever covers and the door pulls, subject to price, if there is enough interest for a batch.

Thanks for the offer

Herc

Guest saraphee

Paul - Yes, the central tunnel trims around the wood panels were made here.

Herc - next week I'll get prices! No need for a batch, they are all hand made.

General - the reason it's next week to get prices is that I will have to take the car to them to get a re-quote (they won't have a clue if they can't see the bits) and to get more made I'll have to take mine off the car for them to use as templates!

May very well be interested in door pulls.  Let me take a shot of mine in the next day or two so you can confirm they are the same. :)

Guest saraphee

I'm sorry to say that in the 3 or maybe 4 years since I had my bits of stainless crafted that either greed rules or the cost of stainless has shot up!

To clarify the parts that I know these guys can reproduce* they are:-

L & R Seat Lever Mechanism Covers

L or R Door Pulls (14 on VA in the Parts Manual)

3 Different Tunnel Finishers (22-27-30 in VA)

Hand Brake Surround -

This is not a standard part - it's the Lotus bit of Mild Steel turned upside down and adjusted to fit because I thought it looked better.

You can see it on the photo.

Each of these would now cost 650 baht or a little over £13 each at today's exchange rate.

On top of that there'd be P&P, based on what I sent to Charlie that would be about 6 quid registered for any 1 or 2 items and pro-rata for more.

If there's still any interest at what I consider outrageous prices please let me know.

* Other bits I/they would need to see a photo or drawing to cost and a sample for reproduction - turnaround time about a week.

I'd be very interested in a set as well- especially the tunnel finishers- which are hard to find and crumble.