free hit
counters
Wind noise from front NS edge of windscreen? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Frimley111R

Wind noise from front NS edge of windscreen?

I drove my car for the without any music playing and noticed that at speed it sounded like there was a hole behind the front NS edge of the windscreen, just where the wiper sits. is this normal? I've never noticed it before and nothing seems amiss? Is it a case of TADTS?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Could be the seals at the top of the a pillars lifting at speed. Not uncommon and a warranty job.

I sometimes get a bit of a whistle from the wing mirror. Only when the window us open though.

I sometimes get a bit of a whistle from the wing mirror. Only when the window us open though.

Did you ever address this issue? I just recently notice this noise coming from my passenger wing mirror at highway speed 65mph+, goes away when I slightly fold the mirror in. One year of ownership and only starting to hear it now. Slightly annoying my commute when I do roll down my windows.

I've got a whistle from the passenger side when the window's down, only in the range of about 50-60mph. I've been meaning to investigate the source for some time, but really need somebody mechanically minded (not the missus) to poke around and find it.

I guess the mirror is the most likely source. Has anybody found the cause/a solution?

I've got a whistle from the passenger side when the window's down, only in the range of about 50-60mph. I've been meaning to investigate the source for some time, but really need somebody mechanically minded (not the missus) to poke around and find it.

I guess the mirror is the most likely source. Has anybody found the cause/a solution?

I had the gf poke her head out of the passenger window on the highway and listened to the noise. Definitely coming from the wing mirror. My current fix consists of a) roll up window, or b) pump up the audio volume. I'll probably test filling up the gaps in between the mirror housing and the wing arm with some small foam cutouts and see if that will eliminate or alter the whistles. 

• Like 1