free hit
counters
2ubular fitted - MMC "OEM" fitment - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anthonyyule

2ubular fitted - MMC "OEM" fitment

As per the post title, I've just spoken with Craig at MMC after he had taken my Evora S out for a short test drive. He actually struggled to articulate his excitement and just resorted to making lots of noises and swearing a lot.

He really really likes it.... Hats off to Jim and to Craig/MMC for working in collaboration for so long to make this happen.

Apparently it's a little louder than standard with the valve shut, but open its a whole different ball park.... More like straight through - with an absolute explosion of noise above 4,000rpm. Craig likened it to his old Ferrari 360 - but then confessed that this sounds much much better.

The car has only done 1100 miles so it's still "tight", but even though Craig is convinced that it is breathing better and pulling much harder than on the standard system. Result!

I collect it on Saturday - I'll report back once I've had a chance to experience it for myself.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What have you had fitted, full system or backbox?

Gav

Full system, Gav.

The gains are to be had from the headers so I didn't see the benefit in just replacing the box

Fair enough, I had a box only on my n/a and yes on bypass it was epic, I just cant really justify the expense of a full system on my S!

Gav

Fair enough, I had a box only on my n/a and yes on bypass it was epic, I just cant really justify the expense of a full system on my S!

Gav

Thinking of doing this with my na - do you think it would be too loud for the odd trackday as planning to do a couple this year?

Cheers

Chris

i have the full system with a boe on a n/a. welcome to have a listen..though im in aberdeen:-)

Picked the car up today... And I'm very impressed. I'm convinced that anyone who witnesses it will want to speak to Craig at MMC.

At idle, with the valve closed, it sounds similar to the standard exhaust at idle in sport.

Likewise, on the move, valve closed up to around 3,000rpm it's about as loud as the standard exhaust with valve open. As the revs climb the noise level increases beyond standard and its a nice noise too - not drony.

But with the valve open?...... WOW. At idle, stabbing the throttle - it sounds like its a straight through pipe from a GT racing car..... On the move it sounds AMAZING. Second person today that commented on it sounding like - if not better - than many Ferraris. In fact, 1 guy said that the only car he had heard sounding nicer (and louder) was a 355 with a Tubi exhaust.

And it's definitely breathing better too..... Feels stronger.

I'll try and get some pics loaded up in the morning.

• Like 1

Chris,

on bypass definitely, normally I'm guessing it wouldn't pass the tighter db limits. As my na didn't have a switchable exhaust from New I had to wire it so meant it was separate from the sport button which would be an advantage on track.

Gav

Chris,

on bypass definitely, normally I'm guessing it wouldn't pass the tighter db limits. As my na didn't have a switchable exhaust from New I had to wire it so meant it was separate from the sport button which would be an advantage on track.

Gav

I would agree - above 3k rpm with the valve shut it's probably still louder than the standard exhaust with the valve open (ie sports mode).

With the valve open you could probably still be heard at a neighbouring track let alone the one you are on......

I don't track the car so for me it's not an issue, but it's worthwhile considering not fitting it if track days are your thing.

Thanks. My current (standard) exhaust isn't switchable. I havent taken it on track yet but have just booked a track day for april so i think i will see how that goes before doing anything with the exhaust