free hit
counters
Get her to the ball! Will my S3T make it to the TLF ILD @ MBW? - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Simon350S

Get her to the ball! Will my S3T make it to the TLF ILD @ MBW?

I was going to drag up my old resto thread, but towards the end it was full of memories that I'd rather not be dragging back up again, and as such I thought I'd start afresh, with a new focus this time!

So here goes.

I now have a new girlfriend, after 3 years of post divorce singledom, and she is rather keen on cars. I'm being pestered, nicely, to get the Esprit back on the road so she can take it for a drive.

What better focus than Bibs' awesome TLF ILD @ MBW...!!

So I guess first things first, I need to establish my starting point.

Here she is as she stands today...

E0F46792-32AC-4EBA-8EE4-3A8FF75B1B1D.jpg

Filthy dirty and battle scarred from years of neglect, having not been used since the end of 2009. At first she was nicely stored away under sheets, then for reasons not important to anyone on here, about 3 years ago she got dragged from garage to garage, traded mystical ownerships, got left outside in the rain for an extended period where her lovely new carpet began to rot from damp and nearly everything that was shiny and new is now covered with layer on later of muck and corrosion.

Now I know this isn't going to be a strip and rebuild this time, I simply don't have the time any more, but the plan is to get her serviced, MOT'd, washed and used....

The carbs are shot to pieces after the worst rebuild in the world ever and she was due to be charge cooled and fuel injected, to make the most of the late S4 Zeus blocked engine she is fitted with. But I think for now I'll just get the carbs sent off for an expensive restoration and use her as is for now.

In theory, all she needs is

1. Carbs repaired/refurbished

2. Cam belt

3. New wiper blade

4. New battery

5. Oil & filter

6. MOT and tax!

A weekends work then :D

Here's a pic of the weekend the TLF boys surprised me with her on the back of a trailer at my house for an epic weekend of beer, fire, car restoring and a a little golf!

DSC04759.jpg

And this is what she looks like all polished up... Could really do with a re spray but not for now...

DSC05334.jpg

DSC03108light.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like a plan and once you have a plan you can set about ticking individual jobs off the list. That makes you feel like you are making progress. 

Great news you are back onto the Esprit

Buddsy  :smoke:

• Like 1

Day's work, pull yer finger out.

• Like 1

DSC04759.jpg

Look at these two poor old men. Sitting in puddles on the ground just so they can hold hands between the wheelarches of some knackered old shed. It's very romantic, if a little tragic.

Never did find that.  :blink:

Bibs had my Knockers though, but he gave them back.

• Like 1

I look rather magnificent in my floppy hat. Wasn't holding hands, Sparky had dirty paws ;)

Never did find that.  :blink:

Bibs had my Knockers though, but he gave them back.

If I recall correctly, Bibs was whacking his balls the length of the Simon's garden.

Someone had to do the job - all the other flakes were afraid of getting wet.

I looked at it Bibs behind all the boxes.... :)

Thanks Mark, haven't told her I got married in it yet, she may not be quite so excited about it when that bombshell gets dropped :D

Was trying to find a photo of bibs knocking his balls around but couldn't find one...

• Like 1

Indeed..... Although just properly laughed and smiled at that, despite the ex featuring in it.

Was an amazing day guys, still totally gobsmacked by it :D

Apologies for answering the door half naked! :hrhr:

Tis the stuff of good memories. I am still surprised to this day that we were not consumed by the bonfire of bonfires !!!!! :D

Good to hear Simon! I remember the original thread from way back...

Hope recommissioning and getting back on the road doesn't take much :)

Hey Simon, noticed you posting again, so thought I'd ask about this and your garage rebuild project. Any updates?

It's been a long 12 months and crazy times.... Thanks for checking in! ?

Basically, no work on the car...

Garage got redone as did the rest of the house, but then sold the house which completed last week after months of sale issues.....

Moved in with my new Fiancée just before Christmas, she has no garage or even any parking, so Esprit is still stuck in my rental garage...

Because of this we have now sold her house STC and bought a new home together STC which gives me a big drive and a big garage again...!! Oh, and a man room in the house too for my cinema!!! just all fingers crossed the sale and purchase go through ok...

Providing the sale and purchase does complete, the Esprit should be in her new home along with my motorbike, at the same address as me, for the first time in years!!! So excited! ???????

• Like 1

Great news, Simon!

look forward to seeing a few more updates soon, then?

Good Luck finalising the move, and congratulations on the engagement ???

ATB

Dave

• Like 1

Best of luck with it all Simon. :thumbup: 

• Like 1

Sorry Bibs, I don't think there's a single fence panel for you to burn..... ?

? come to think of it though, the trees have TPOs on them and I want them smaller, so if they happened to catch fire somehow I'm not sure I'd be all that bothered...! ??