free hit
counters
2015 Bell & Colvill Concours - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bazza 907

2015 Bell & Colvill Concours

Back by popular demand (from polish manufacturers), we intend to hold a concours open to all Lotus cars. There will be a separate parking area at MBW close to the main building for the competition.

We hope to have a wide range of cars taking part with prizes in a number of different categories along with an overall prize for Best in Show. Judging will be based on a range of criteria which means that you don't have to clean your exhaust with your toothbrush in order to stand a chance of winning. These categories will include:

Originality

Usage (how often used, mileage etc)

Interest (ownership, first, last etc)

Modifications (power, safety, taste etc)

The cars taking part will be selected on the day and will need to arrive by 10am. If interested in taking part please post on here or PM me. Please could you also print off the attached form and give it to Guy Munday or myself at the earliest opportunity on the day.

Judging will take place in the morning with the cars being invited to take part in parade laps at lunchtime and prize giving towards the end of the day.  

Best of luck!

Bazza

ETA - 29th April - Further info...

For those who have volunteered to enter the concours you will be directed to a small car park set aside for the event. Please can you complete the entry form giving details of your car and give it to one of the judges on arrival.

Please aim to arrive between 9am and 10am.

There will be a briefing at midday in the S Class suite for those wanting to take part in the concours parade which is due to take place at 1.15pm. If you wish to participate (you don't have to) you will need to sign an indemnity form that will be supplied on the day ahead of going on track.   

Awards will be presented at 2:30pm in the S Class suite.

Concours Entrant Information.doc

Edited by Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

most expensive wheels?

best-former 5 stud hub in-show?

while I reckon my dry sump Turbo with its 1984 tyres, original brake lines, clutch pipe, interior and paint would have been a shoe-in for the originality award, I'm afraid there's no way I'll be putting the BBS back on for that!

• Like 1

I vote for an award for the most cracked fibreglass bodywork.

• Like 2

Well, as no one else is gonna enter then I will  :smoke:

Chris (Esprit22) 1986 Esprit Turbo.

• Like 1

..so assuming a "team" to consist of at least 2 people, and "dream" implying that those people are in another world, then I deduce the judging is being done by Aliens.  :alien:

The dream team

trev and sparky?

Pete

On the basis that Trev and Sparky could never agree on anything and for the benefit of all of those who actually want to get home on the same day, Guy Munday and I have stepped up to the plate again.

Whilst still early it would be good to see a few more cars put forward for the concours. It would of course have the added benefit of Chris not thinking that his car will be a winner by virtue of it being the only car entered. 

Think we should get some oldies in there (drivers as well as cars!)

Lotus Europa Special 1974.

• Like 1

It Appears that i'm not gonna be alone after all, Brian's pearl white S3 n/a has entered! 

So we have a red and white Esprit, anyone got a blue one?

I can offer a blue Evora - any good?

Tom

Thanks, always good to have a volunteer. Give it a polish and we'll confirm entries on the day.

To ensure that Chris Cole doesn't feel that his car is a 'shoe in' please can we have some more cars for the concours?

If you fancy it simply add your name to the list below. We will select the cars for the competition and confirm this two weeks before the day. Hopefully this will ensure a good spread of interesting cars for the competition.

1) Chris Cole - Turbo Esprit

2) Geoff - Lotus Europa Special

3) Tom - Lotus Evora

4) Brian - Esprit S3 NA

5) T3JN (Tom) - Exige V6 LF1