free hit
counters
1984 Lotus Esprit Turbo LS1 Swap Project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
fptrob

1984 Lotus Esprit Turbo LS1 Swap Project

Hey guys,

Inspired by Hilly, I am in the middle of an S3 Turbo Esprit engine swap.  The engine AND transmission that came with the car were ROUGH.  So, I decided it would be more fun to make a project out of it than to rebuild the stock stuff.

Anyone interested in a running project blog ala Hilly?  I have to warn you though, there will be some long pauses (work, wife, life, etc.), so I probably won't be able to update every week.

Thoughts?

Robpost-17986-0-96782000-1422898190.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would like to see a project blog. Been adapting a small block chevy to an 84 frame myself. It is hard to keep people interested when progress slows down. Ive been working on mine and figure Ill update when alot is done. I made a couple quick vids on utube also. One on Lotus Esprit Body Removal and one on Lotus Esprit Engine Swap. Good luck with your build.

Caral automotive (caral.co.uk) are selling bits for GM LSx and getrag (Audi) conversions for stevens cars... I asked them if they could do the S3 and they were interested.  price list is pretty expensive, tut if you're not up to doing the engineering yourself or are paying someone to do it, might be worth a look.

Cheers,

simon

Thanks, Simon!  I will check it out.