free hit
counters
ABS Pressure Switch - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys

The part number GM 88927270. is listed as an alternate number. Is this the correct part that will fit a Lotus S4S 1995. If so I may have a place that might have them, not sure how many but I can try and find out more if this is the one we need.

Await your inputs in this.

As always thanks for all your help.

Ameer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There's a lot of contradictory information about this part reference. Can the supplier confirm it is for a Powermaster III ABS system? Or failing that, the cars it fits.

The part number listed is indeed correct (I bought one in 2005). Problem is, it hasn't been available for many years unless you've found a stash!

If they have them, PM me so I can buy a couple. :D 

Hi

I spoke to the guy today and the part fits the following vehicles.

Buick Regal 1988-1991

Pontiac Grand Prix 1991-1991

Oldsmobile Cutlass 1988-1991

Does this help to confirm this part suitable. 

Ameer

ABS Pressure Switch.doc

Hi Again

I have ordered 1 switch from the supplier and he let me have it for $100.00 and shipping which I assume will be charged extra or maybe all inclusive.

I also checked to see how many he had and he called me back and said about 30 were in stock.

Now my switch is working correctly in my S4s so I don't want to disturb my abs as I am not familiar with the setup and possibly have to bleed the system I guess after replacement of switch. 

When I receive it someone could test it out to confirm it is the correct..

Who wants to test this? and if it is the correct part then it will be the time to buy them before they are gone.

Someone in the USA will be ideal as I can ship it to easily.

let me know.

PS I have spent months looking for this as I knew we need this to keep our abs working and I too would keep a spare or two.

Ameer

That's a great price, I paid nearly $200 with tax/shipping etc back in 2005

Could you PM me the details Also as I need one of these switches. I put a gauge on my car and although the switch works it's about 200 psi under pressure on all ranges.

Regards

Wayne

I would take one aswell, my ABS is still very low pressure due to a faulty switch.

Please PM details if possible :unworthy:

Hi, the picture you have posted looks very similar to the switch I took my S4s but the electrical plug connections look slightly different ( mine has much smaller pins & the socket looks different ) so not sure if this is a direct replacement. You'd really need to know the specification i.e thread size & pressures the switch operates at. Having said that if it is a replacement I would be interested in buying one.

Phil.

It's 14mm thread and I believe the pressures are 2800/ 2400 and low pressure warning is 1800 psi.

That's from memory.... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As I see that, the female is on the switch and the male is on the Eprit. The plugs for our cars aren't available anymore I think, so I am not sure how they are going to be connected?

I absolutely stand to be corrected though. :)

Just answered my own question. Get the male half sent with the plug and wire it in. Easy.

I'd be in for purchasing one if available and confirmed that they fit and work.

Hi

Well I received the switch and it looks like the one in the picture i posted above. Like I said I have no way to check it out, unless someone wants to test it out to confirm it will work for our abs .

Derek you posted the pic of the switch and the connector is different. I am not sure if I have got the right part. 

There are some numbers on the metal surface if that helps to identify the switch.

18018060   9611

Ameer

The first set of numbers is the part number and the second, I believe, may be the date of manufacture. The part number appears to be for a '85-'87 Grand National which used the first Powermaster ABS and the operating pressures (200psi pump on, 770psi pump off) are far less than the Powermaster III needs.

I believe if you compare it to the correct switch, the threaded end is not even the correct diameter. As Derek noted, not the correct switch and won't work...

The part number on my old switch from my S4s is 18019650 ( I think ) I've no way of knowing if this was the original switch or if it's been replaced previously.

Phil