free hit
counters
Eclat 40th anniversary - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rjwooll

Eclat 40th anniversary

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I didnt realise it had the same birth year as the Esprit. Probably being a bit overshadowed by the Esprit I would guess due to the no.s produced. That said the Eclat now has a nice looking sticker where I dont think the Esprit has? I dont know if any of the Eclat chaps would want to combine celebrations with the Esprit? Cant speak for everyone else but I would welcome you.

Buddsy

Lotus Since the 70s Volume 1

"Although it was the Mid engined Esprit which stole the show for Lotus in October 1975, the simultaneous launch of the Eclat was commercially just as important."

There you go! Joint party it has to be!

Buddsy

I might very well be interested in one of those for my Eclat :)

Well, they're free apart from postage (thanks to TLF). I'm just trying to get an idea of how many may be needed. We did around 25 for the Elite so I guess about the same again.

ATB Richard

I didnt realise it had the same birth year as the Esprit. Probably being a bit overshadowed by the Esprit I would guess due to the no.s produced. That said the Eclat now has a nice looking sticker where I dont think the Esprit has? I dont know if any of the Eclat chaps would want to combine celebrations with the Esprit? Cant speak for everyone else but I would welcome you.

Buddsy

Here's a design for the Esprit if you'd like to run with it - no copyright os sensitivity over the design, just in keeping with the others!

Espritanniversary_zpsf27394b7.png

• Like 1

Well done that man! Im now a bit guttered I was born in 1974! Oh one year out!

Buddsy

• Like 1

Sticker, yes please, need to get the car finished now!

I'd love a sticker too please - although mine's an S2 I don't want to wait another five years!

Unless we can do a run of 35th anniversary ones too...

Edited by directordanw

I'd love a sticker too please - although mine's an S2 I don't want to wait another five years!

Unless we can do a run of 35th anniversary ones too...

I think the S2.2 is still designated M52, so you should be OK!

Richard

a 1975 sticker for 1975 car would be ace.

Hoping to have her back on the road before her birthday.

happy to pay for one

a 1975 sticker for 1975 car would be ace.

Hoping to have her back on the road before her birthday.

happy to pay for one

Sorry about the delay - there was a minor distraction/car crash involving a similar Esprit 40th sticker on the Esprit forum :harhar: - I'll liaise with Bibs to get them printed.

Once this is done I'll start a new thread where people can place their orders and request my address in order to send a stamped addressed envelope.

Simples!

ATB Richard

Richard,

Can you put me down for one, How do we pay you postage.

John

Richard,

Can you put me down for one, How do we pay you postage.

John

When the stickers are available you'll be able to contact me for my address so you can send me a stamped addressed envelope!

ATB Richard

Hi,I only just joined the forum,I have a 1975 eclat,please can I have one of your stickers,Thanks,Dave.

Hi guys if still available can I have one for sure and 2 if poss for out other car. Bibs, let me know the postage.

Anyone know if there are any plans for a 'get-together' of cars for the 40th Anniversary?

Not really a "meet" but Lotusexcel.net are organising a display of Eclats at the NEC Classic Car Show this year, you need to have your car on the stand all 3 days though.