free hit
counters
Seat Belt Assembly - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi, folks.

I've just bought some new seat belts for my '89 Esprit SE. The original seat belt assembly has been superseded by P/N C082V7972F, the same as fitted on the V8's.

Unfortunately, the attachment parts are quite different and they don't come with assembly instructions. Has anyone had a look at the door sill attachment point recently?

Here's a photo of the old and new parts.

SeatBeltAnchorComponents.jpg

The seat belt will fit over the spacer I've marked "A", but I'm not sure if that part faces inboard or outboard. The combined thickness of the two spacers  A & B (not including the indented part) equals the thickness of "F", but I don't know if B goes outboard of A (if this was the case, why not just have one spacer to do the job of two).

Assumptions: the wavy washer fits on one side of the seatbelt to stop rattling.

Perhaps someone has a photo?

Thanks

Ian.

Edited by Qavion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry cannot help apart from suggesting you look at the parts list on the forum but you do know that you have posted this on the V8 site

Understood, Mike, but as mentioned in my message, the original (4cylinder) seat belt assembly has been superseded by P/N C082V7972F, the same as fitted on the V8's.

Unfortunately, the parts manual for the V8 is indentical to the earlier cars. i.e. Just a bolt and a single large spacer shown (no washer, no wavy washer, no stepped spacer)

Cheers

Ian.