free hit
counters
s4s without flares and 17s all around - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
bens4s

s4s without flares and 17s all around

Hello,

My 95 s4s came stock with the oz futuras in 17" staggered front and back. It also did not come with fender flares. It had brembo brakes and airbags. All the other s4s that I see have 17/18 of the same wheels.they also have flares. Does anyone else have an s4s with the same packag? Im in the us.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It was a federal thing from what I can recall.

Change of wheel size and adding flares meant more type approval testing etc.... So cars were shipped without all the extra fancy bits :)

Yep,

USA S4s had no flares and 17" front and 17" rear wheels either the same as the S4 or the optional Futura Modular (both 17").

The UK S4s got the 17" f and 18" rear with flares.

Anyone know if the v8 flares can be purchased somewhere? I've searched everywhere.

I've heard of someone who did this, try JAE in Santa Barbara, but why would you ...

Anyone know if the v8 flares can be purchased somewhere? I've searched everywhere.

I now you are in the US but they are available from Lotus. I snagged the nearside rear on a garage door last year and my dealer sourced it OK. He also got an offside one as he ordered the wrong one first so that's on his shelf ready for when I snag the other side.... ;)

Thanks, I'll try them. The flares give the fender a better curve. Without them I don't like how the top is flat on the fender curve.