free hit
counters
LE 6 speed Citroen gearbox - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dsvitesse1

LE 6 speed Citroen gearbox

Hi, I am thinking about fabricating a 6 speed Citroen gearbox for the Lotus Esprit Giugiaro. Wandering if there is enough interest with you guys for me to start.

cheers,

Harry Martens

Home

post-996-0-53110600-1423179730.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What's the costs likely to be?

And will it be able to handle more power and torque, the likes of the S4S levels?

Will it come as a complete box, on an exchange basis, or sent out as a kit?

Hi Simon,

cost will depend on how many possible interest. Making 3 or 50 will make differ.

Wil come as complete box, exchange.

cheers,

Harry

Yes I'd be interested in this, obviously dependent on costs...... also, would there be a warranty?

Out of curiosity, how much do you charge for a general Esprit S2 gearbox overhaul. Mine does occasionally crunch changing in to second gear.

I love the idea but I suspect the cost would be prohibitive to most owners unless their gearbox fails.  I assume you would extend the rear portion of the box to put 5th & 6th in there?   As the CWP is likely to be unchanged, I would suspect the overal power levels would be similar.    Would you just put in a taller 6th gear or would you look to revise all ratios - That presumably could be achieved through a slightly lower ratio CWP, or would you look to get specific gears revised   (Or do some other variants of citroen boxes provide the gears you would plan to use)....   Interesting subject.

Hi Harry,

I think most of the guys would really like to know what power the new box could handle?

Hi, I cannot answer that question. I think with the 7/34 cwp ratio is the strongest. Best option to handle the power is installing a Quaife ATB differential. Ring and pinion failure is caused often by wheelspin and sudden movements inside the standard open differential.

I would be interested. I'm going to have to rebuild my gearbox anyway, so could well be tempted by this.

Would be interesting to see it actually fitted and tested on a car.

Im not sure and extra gear is what people are crying out for? Maybe nice but like others have said a stronger box I could see selling. If it was possible? Not sure which parts fail most with extra power? The casing? Could that be strengthened?

Buddsy

So there would be no revised ratios, just an extra gear, sort of an overdrive? Whilst the G Esprit might not be crying out for an extra gear, do owners out there reckon there would be any benefit from six new and revised gear ratios, especially with a tuned engine?

Hi guys,

price for the 6 speed Citroen gearbox for Lotus Esprit Giugiaro would be around 7K euro. 

Please let me know by PM.

cheers,

Harry Martens