free hit
counters
Esprit 40th anniversary stickers - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rjwooll

Esprit 40th anniversary stickers

OK so here I am out of my comfort zone on the Esprit forum.

The story so far: I own a 1981 Elite S2.2 (lovely car) and last year I produced a design for a window sticker commemorating the 40th anniversary of its introduction, which TLF kindly agreed to fund.

I realised it was the Eclat 40th this year so I produced a design for that based on the work done for the Elite.

Then someone (Buddsy I think) pointed out it was the Esprit 40th as well this year, and I posted this in the Eclat 40th anniversary thread but now here for clarity here is my suggestion for a design for an Esprit 40th sticker based on the Elite/Eclat 40th design:

Espritanniversary_zpsf27394b7.png

If anyone on the Esprit forum wants to organise this (essentially liaising with Bibs to get some printed, then mailing them out to those who send a stamped addressed envelope), please step forward. Otherwise I'm happy to do this.

All the best, Richard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good work. I wonder if we could get hold of something like the Esprit typeface for it? I'll have a look to see what's available. Failing that I'll have a word with the local sign writer.

If you pm me with your email address I can send you the ppt file used to create the design.

Thx, Richard

It's Eurostile Bold Extended....

Proper job

:thumbup:

OK so here I am out of my comfort zone on the Esprit forum

We are all one big happy Lotus loving forum so you are welcome to visit and post where ever you like. I have an Esprit but drool over the Eclat and Elite..and the older Elite and the Eleven and the plus 2 and the Elan.....get my drift! hahah

Buddsy  :D

• Like 1

Here ya go...

Espritanniversary2_zpse8ad6fea.png

Probably needs a bit of finishing if anyone's got publisher.

Richard

• Like 1

It's Eurostile Bold Extended....

Is there anything Lotus related our esteemed originator doesn't know???(!) I assume the proposed stickers are to go on the windows, not the bodywork.... Many years ago I had a "Club Lotus" sticker on the RH rear quarter window....it etched the glass and, although long gone, the ghostly evidence lingers still! I'd be very happy to have something on the beast to mark the 40th!

They're static cling inside window stickers. Digital print so no transfer to your glass either and I spent far too much time on this website!  :)

Jonny, could you add a line for the missing triangular window on the sides of the Stevens car and the V8?

I have that mug and tshirt from shot dead in the head, and they are missing too.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Jonny I think as much as I hate to say it but with the cars and the TLF logo it all looks too fussy to me. The other one looks more like the original "world champions" plaque Lotus added at various times.  :sofa:

Buddsy

Jaques I like your attention to detail.

Buddsy I think someone's hacked your computer. Prime suspect is Craig Revel-Horwood. 

;)

I think it's a fair point though, I do like the old commemorative plaques. It wasn't meant to compete with Richard's, I didn't realise he was going to do an Esprit one, so we ended up both doing one. Let's see how Jaques likes it when the Stevens cars front 3/4 lights are put in.

:thumbup:

I like Jonny's one...shows the uninitiated what we're talking about, whereas M70 isn't going to mean anything to them. Could also put that one on ones "other" car(s) to show solidarity.....

I like Jonny's one...shows the uninitiated what we're talking about, whereas M70 isn't going to mean anything to them. Could also put that one on ones "other" car(s) to show solidarity.....

I agree :thumbup:

I agree as well

Edited by winners

What is the M70 then? Who is Craig Reval wood?

Buddsy

post-3843-0-11180100-1423423598.jpg

• Like 1

Fixed the 3/4 lights for Jaques

Esprit40thsticker2_zpstlkcnnc4.jpg

One just for Buddsy is on the way ;)

buddsysesprit30th_zps7lx97rrw.jpg

Hahahha where you gonna want ta stick that!

Buddsy :thumbsup:

Im not sure I think it with all those cars on it I think it looks a bit too big!

Buddsy

post-3843-0-87655300-1423428976.jpg

:shock:

:busted cop:

Thanks for correcting the cars ;)  Much appreciated!!!

Next thing is this:   Looking at how the sticker will present itself, I have a feeling, that the text should not be Black, but White. Looks silly on the computer, but take a moment and imagine how good it'll look on the glass of the Esprit, and I'm sure, (some of) you will agree.

Very nice as is otherwise.

Just a thought: Maybe the cars are a bit too big. If they were a bit smaller, they could fit in between the leafs on each side. Makes the total sticker not so tall. A bit more elegant.

Next detail is the visual deception, that the "Y" at the end is reaching more right side than the "T" above. So to avoid this, maybe one could make the "40th ANNIVERSARY" a bit smaller (slightly narrower than the "LOTUS ESPRIT" above)?

Next is a sticker that goes like this: "I managed to take all coolers out and renovate it"  (with golden leafs).

Guess why I mention this??? ................... No, I broke almost every single bolt today... Grrrr.....

I have read through Lotus Service Notes, and spent two days searching for a propper description of how to take it apart, but to no avail.

Okay, back on track ;)

Cheers,

Jacques.