free hit
counters
Washer Pipe - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Has anybody had any issues with the washer filler fluid pipe? It was raised on my last service the one on my LE was perished. When i come to fill it up the other day it just poors onto the floor and nothing ends up on the bottle.

Today i removed the arch liner to take a look and the hose is totally knackered, its split in at least 3-4 places, its basically paper thin so it was never going to last. (If you think of the funnels you get in the poundshop, its that kind of quality/plastic) A new one is over £100 from what I can tell as it comes with the neck and other bits. The money doesnt really bother me but the fact the existing one isnt fit for purpose puts me off going for an OEM replacement.

Has anybody swapped theirs for anything else? I didnt get chance to check the bore of the pipe so if anybody happens to know that it could be useful.

Edited by Ryanmt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Which bit are you referring to, the corrugated 4cm(ish) filling tube?

Had mine out a few time (valves and pump) and not really noticed it as being too bad. That said it's connected by circlips so at £100 I'd be buying some plastic pipe instead.

Why not buy one from a breaker? There is at least one car that is advertised as breaking for spares.

Yes Colin that corrugated filling tube.

I don’t really want a brand new one never mind a second hand one as I’m thinking there’s got to be a better alternative out there. I am going to try track down somewhere that sells the smooth bore reinforced flexible pipe that it used in ponds and the likes today and see if it fits the filler neck.

For future refrence. I used some 28mm ID pipe that was sold as bilge hose. Its rubber reinforced with plastic.

253vRRk.jpg

Old one was utterly knackered like this all the way along.

C9KULxw.jpg

Forgot to take photos of the one finished but here it is mid fitment before it was neatend up.

Easy enough job to sort out and worth keeping an eye on when you fill the washer that its not starting to leak!

Edited by Ryanmt
  • Like 1

Now I know why my washer bottle/valve is so much more of a pain than others have reported. Yours has a different design. My pumps are behind the bottle so the whole lot has to come out to fix.