free hit
counters
may be selling the NA HC - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
andy b

may be selling the NA HC

I have been thinking about selling the NA as i want to keep the 82 turbo Its just had paint cam belt i haven't put it back on the road since the repaint it is a well used car some 120thou on the clock i have never had a problem other than front calliper sticking once how are the sales going and what is the going rate any advice out there.

andy b

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cant believe no one has anything to say you are such a chatty group of people.

andy b 

I've not got...or ever had an esprit.....so can't really comment

I think words and pics might help tho'......I think the car you're selling has some paint, a cam belt and 120000 miles.......other than that I don't know anything else.........

OK having just rereading the thread it is rubbish lol. i am just after some advice on where to advertise it and what is the value window for the HC NA currently.

I hate selling my car but i have no dosh to do other restorations.

andy b 

Ok....your value window is between £1 and £15000 depending on condition......

I'd sell it on here or eBay.....or any car selling web site.....or a classic car selling web site......

• Like 1

Stick some pictures up and list recent work on it and I am sure it will attract some comments

very rare car . Nice.i think Ten thousand plus.Good luck ......Mike se turbo

post-13282-0-09166400-1423420677.jpgwel here it is after full repaint its all ready to go i can put an mot on it if anyone is interested it is high milage but well serviced through it's life. It has not been on the road for a few years as it was being painted. if you are interested pm me.

andy b

In what condition is the interior? How many owners? How does it drive? Any work required such as suspension bushes dampers etc?

I am looking for an S3 project car but think yours way too good.

Cheers Mike

I would call the car usable and drives well trim wise half leather in fair condition every thing works.

tyres are all good it is a well used car never been off the road and left unloved can't remember how many owners prob the best part of a tidy few  LOL. I have had it for about 7/8 years . Still thinking weather i should part with it hence being a little vague I think the S3 will rise in price very soon. I have a feeling I may be shooting myself in the foot and i should hang on, It is a piece of art.

andy b

I'm seeking an esprit - I'm after anything that I can get for my budget which isn't a huge amount at about 7k ish

How much are you seeking for yours - can do a deal quickly

Cheers

Barry

I put two cars on ebay the esprit was one of them. i had just over a 1000 views and just short of 200 watchers. the other car sold so i ended the esprit. no need to sell now and they ant going down in price. Interestingly not one question was asked i priced it at £10000 to start and buy it now £13500. just thought i would post this up to let you all know the result as i am sure some of you will have been watching it.

andy b

• Like 1

Andy

I was watching her...... Don't sell it ......you will regret it later - unless you swap it for a turbo

Took mine to the vets yesterday to pick up some drugs for the cat....... My vets got one!!! She was impressed and it made her day to see another...... She's span hers at the Nurburgring a few years ago.......will never look at her in the same light again

There's been a few listed in the last week - all since I've bought one.....and at the prices I was told I wouldn't get one for.......

I think the smart folks will be holding firm.. Classic triumphs have near on doubled in price over the last 12-24 months - I hasten to add good on the road up together ones......the old heaps still get fair money as well.

The recessions over, bank interest is rubbish.....and cars are fun...... It's a repeat of the 80s boom but with bank interest pushing folks towards ownership

Took he wife out in it for the first time yesterday "it's noisy, uncomfortable and old"...........I told her not to be so hard on herself!!

And if they don't do up in value - who can put a price on happiness

Hi guys .i sold a HC s3 before we moved a couple of years ago .The car needed a lot of work ...left outside by its farmer owner .As andy knows it's a very rare car.i sort of regret it a little.Now I have a good sized garage now.mine had the original bonnet.Unlike Andys later car with the 2 vents.Barry hope you are enjoying your new car....Mike....Hopefully takeing my se turbo for a spin tomorrow .....

Mike

I'm in seventh heaven - the cel annoys me - but doesn't impinge performance at all so think it's something silly

It's the most fun to drive I even had - since my nova kit car with the pop up roof,,,

I would liken it to a 4 wheeled motorbike. A mate had a dbs recently and the esprit seems and feels faster even thought it's not

Get that se out Mike and have a good drive - we are a long time dead

Will do Barry .My SE is the first Stepmhens shaped cars I have owned.Missed the previous Esprits I have owned.But the more I look at the Second generation cars .i realise lotus did a fantastic job on the restyle.After all to follow on from a master piece was not easy...Mike

Please excuse some of my spelling ...lol.Where is my pa .....Better not disturb her she is doing the dishes...Mike

Andy

There's been a few listed in the last week - all since I've bought one.....and at the prices I was told I wouldn't get one for.......

where?haven`t seen any cheap ones lately

There been a green x180 on eBay at 7500

Two red x180s also at 8500

I reckon at them prices anyone with cash in hand would get them

[email protected] walks - money talks - however they do seem to be the exception - and more to do with seller wanting to ££££

Mike

These x180s are frankly superb looking......

It's an improvment on perfection

think those prices were starting bids not selling prices

The Green SE said in the question answers that if you turn up with £7500 cash you could take the car away, hence the auction ended early.

Cheers Mike