free hit
counters
white paint or not? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chinsterb

white paint or not?

I have opted for Pirelli's as a new pair of shoes for my esprit turbo. I know it was the thing to do to paint in the Goodyear logo in white but should you do this with other brands? will it look right to paint the Pirelli logo? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've never painted mine, but if I did it would only be for Goodyear or Vredestein tyres.

Chris

I'm writing Goodyear in white on my Pirellis!

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Not a bad idea Simon. It also seems we are in the same industry with the same colour cars!! what colour interior do you have?

Magnolia. Best combo... :)

What do you do Christian?

The only problem with using a market pen to highlight the manufacturer is that it doesn't take long for the white to come off and then you have to spend time putting it back on - not a problem if you enjoy that sort of thing but it can become a bit of a pain after a while.

This is a difficult one.

Ive seen an esprit with the "pirelli" logo painted white but i didnt look right in my opinion. The goodyears now are very rare, they can be found but they are old and past their best - i wont go into the impact on handling/the drive/performance as this has been discussed elsewhere.

When changing my tyres i went for firestones. i had them on my S3 Na and loved them and managed to find a matching bunch - plus the lettering can be highlighted;

041_zps234c2f2b.jpg

The issue with painting "Goodyear" on a pirelli is that is going to be pretty difficult. the architecture of the tyre is different. The contours of teh Pirelli will go against the lettering of Goodyear. People have created templates before and used that. I have even be told of people sanding down the tyre faces so that tyre lettering can be applied.... but i wouldnt fancy that!

you need to post some pics so we can see this wonderful car!

The Lotus 56 Indy cars had 'Firestone' in white on them so that is officially OK!

I painted My goodyears and my Pirelli's. I thought they looked pretty good. Like Barry says though the white paint kinda goes see thru after a little while and the black shows through.

Maybe I need to make a mould tool to produce white Plastic "Goodyear" so we can stick them on any old tyre!

Buddsy

Love the assertion that it will increase your mpg, horsepower by 28% and your love life.

Awesome.