free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot] lotus esprit se turbo - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ebay

[Ebay-bot] lotus esprit se turbo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Don't let it get to you.

He's after a very quick sale, and has put it up at a stonkingly cheap price to make sure that happens.

It's the second time I've seen him advertise it too so this time he's probably a bit desperate. Doubt it'll be around for very long, if I had the cash I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

I signed up here last year when I was looking at an Esprit. I'm still lurking around keeping one eye open. Was interested when I saw this come up. One question though. What is with the round rear lights on this car? Aren't they from a later model? I've seen another similar car of the same age. Evidence of a rear end crash or just an updated styling thing?

Mike

Yes you're right. They are from a much later Esprit. You'd need to ask the question as to why and, if as a result of a rear end shunt, who did the repair/write off? etc etc.

I do know that some people did the change as they liked the look so it could just be that. 

Looks a good buy on the face of it  

Well someone has a deposit down on it already. It does look like a nice car and at a good price. Probably done me a favour as it was tempting but I probably need another car like I need a hole in the head

I think this was the example being sold by South West Lotus Center a few years ago - it was actually the first Esprit I'd ever seen in the flesh and I went all the way to Devon to see it. It had just had a new paint job done, and at the time, still its original rear lights. In retrospect it was an ok car, but the interior was crazy knackered, I was actually disappointed thinking maybe all Esprits had cardboard hard leather and cracked wood paneling....

Anyhow the person who bought it put the rear lights on...dunno why... wasn't to the benefit of the car IMHO. 

Andy, seriously, don't feel bad - this price is rare. I've seen a few well used Highwings go on eBay for around the same price but none in the condition of your SE.

Ah !! This one was for sale when i got mine at SWLC, i didnt go see it because of the interior at the time. Looks a bargain at the price its gone for, definately needs the rear lights putting back to standard though.

yes I agree to cheap .But if he needed to sale.A good price to buy it at.Mike se turbo

Yeah, that rear con-version probably knocked it down £2K, just doesn't look right on the older SE.

I think the rear end conversion looks good, and I would not have to do it myself.

Price is clot to 1/3rd of what I paid 1½ year ago. Such is the British market. You're spoiled, gents!

Cheers,

Jacques.