free hit
counters
Carbon fibre look? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Carbon fibre look?

• Gold FFM

I'd happily swap the gearknob from my 1990 car for your alloy one!

Mine is (AFAIK) the original part and it's the one without the red legend so less obviously Renault...

Obviously you'll need to post a photo of your knob before we go any further.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Ian, just tear out the quarter-trim carpet off the inserts and chuck 'em in the washing machine...oughta do it? I regularly wash my boot carpet that way. Gotta do the quarter trim too some time - has some kinda grease stain on it...

Splendid idea. I did mention to the wife about putting them in the dishwasher, but she wasn't too impressed.

Margate Exotics.

Didn't one iteration of the S4 have some Godawful fake carbon fibre trim mouldings around the internal door pulls?

I knew if I rummaged around in my personal Lotus Storage Area I'd find something useful:

IMAG0665_zpsdoudbkfv.jpg

IMAG0666_zpsfl8xukdz.jpg

And for reference should you be feeling adventurous:

IMAG0667_zpsdqob9frm.jpg

Obviously you'll need to post a photo of your knob before we go any further.

Ok, so I was avoiding the obvious schoolboy humour opportunity in your double entendre but it looks like Bibs couldn't resist...

post-17537-0-00001100-1423929477.jpg

post-17537-0-69514000-1423929493.jpg

post-17537-0-96549900-1423929509.jpg

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Right, it appears that the deal is dead in the water due to the wife's preference. The reason being, that after checking them out, she prefers my knob to the black one. :excl: 

Sorry if I've wasted your time, Neil. I'll keep trying, and if she relents, I'll PM you.

Margate Exotics.

Right, it appears that the deal is dead in the water due to the wife's preference. The reason being, that after checking them out, she prefers my knob to the black one. :excl: 

Sorry if I've wasted your time, Neil. I'll keep trying, and if she relents, I'll PM you.

No problem Ian. Just let me know if and when you want to do a swap and we can sort something out...

Neil,

I recently bought a gearnob in alu like you want. I got it from ONM Engineering.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Thanks Jacques, I've seen the PNM ones. Unfortunately my Esprit budget is being used on more essential 'need to have' MOT parts at the moment so I don't have any spare cash for 'want to have' bits

Keep pulling, it'll come off eventually.

:mellow:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I've added carbon affect to my car, I get mine from Amazon, about £10 for nearly 2 x 1.5 metres, good stuff and looks reasonable. I would do a dash in it.

Owen, do you have the name of the seller you use on Amazon for your carbon film? Thanks.

• 5 years later...