free hit
counters
Do all G Cars with a Momo wheel have a black Lotus badge? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Buddsy

Do all G Cars with a Momo wheel have a black Lotus badge?

Just occured to me after being hassled by MKJ for having a Black and gold lozenge shaped lapel badge that although the cars nose badges changed between normal green and yellow ACBC and the lozenge badges (either green or black) was the centre logo in the steering wheel always black as original?

Nothing to it really just wondered.

Buddsy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No, my 86 S3 has got a lozenge badge on the steering wheel. Black background, gold lines/letters 

"Do all G Cars with a Momo wheel have a black Lotus badge?"

No, my 86 S3 has got a lozenge badge on the steering wheel. Black background, gold lines/letters 

So thats a yes aint it? 

Let me put it anther way. Do any of the G cars with a Momo wheel have a green/yellow badge in the centre of the steering wheel?

Buddsy

My '86 has a black lozenge in the steering wheel, round black one on the nose.

Rob I was looking at your car in your gallery. Looks asmazing! Never realised you had such a nice one!

I think your steering wheel is an aftermarket one though. Every pic I seen from the advertising had the 2 spoke momo wheel.

Buddsy

My 83 has a black nose and steering wheel badges.

My '86 has a black lozenge in the steering wheel, round black one on the nose.

In fact.......

With my black car, every time you try to operate one of its weird black controls, which are labelled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up to let you know you have done it!

Please forgive the bottom column shroud :getmecoat:

DSCF3621_zpso1xwnxol.jpg

Good grief! Look at that bottom column shroud! :harhar:

Black nose badge, black steering wheel badge.

“Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I don’t bother you - don’t bother me".”

― Yohji Yamamoto

Buddsy - Years ago a mate of mine worked at a trimmers in Coventry and I went through a phase of liking the Momo wheels that were trimmed in the same colour leather as the rest of the interiors... I think it was a factory option.

Anyway I had a spare wheel so they trimmed one - unfortunately it was not a very good match but I have the original in black - but seen here with a later S4 (I think!) coloured centre badge which was a perfect fit. The OE one was indeed black.........

This BTW was trimmed using - from a tale I have mentioned before - an offcut from a hide they had brought in to trim (so the story goes) Rowan Atkinsons McLaren F1 - though I have not seen a photo of the interior of that that matches the colour they did that wheel in! Still it cost me nowt.........

London010_zpsd5e4b1c4.jpg  

On the same subject - recall we removed the the centre hub cover from Pauls'  Essex 17 as he liked the bare metal centre finish complete with MOMO badge etched in to it which is usually hidden. Interestingly his one also had a JPS logo affixed for some reason which you cannot see here - This photo is Pauls as you can see the wheel - taken from the "Hot wind from Hethel blows Maranello cold" road test he did with Martin Buckley for C&SC......

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_Interior_Red_Leather.
Edited by nello

Mine has the green and yellow badge on the nose, and a black and gold (non-functional) hornpush in the centre of the two spoke wheel.

io have the same colour wheel as the red leather in mine, has the center on blath thought with the lozenge badge on the front pic to follow once i have worked out how!

Nice one Christisn - looks like I got my guesswork bang on. Love the colour of this car - it really suits blue!

I have a momo with black/silver badge.

The momo was original complete black.

interieurnarestauratie.jpg

Geert

Edited by gvy

Thanks for all the input chaps. I was just curious as I know some people don't like the black badges and change the nose for the round green and yellow and wondered if many changed the one on the wheel.

Buddsy

The answer is no. See this thread - post #570, and it's close to you as well Buddsy!

post-18421-0-52950000-1424994595.jpg