free hit
counters
Headlight Motors - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Yeah my M6 nuts won't fit on the thread for the lever thingo coming out of the motor either. It's very close to M6 though because the nut will fit onto an M6 bolt. I have my originals I'll get them zinc plated and reuse them. Lotusfab I assume you no longer have the original nut?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, lost one of them. They must be a British thread, no doubt will end up with a box of these that won't fit. Will put them in my fuel Union box!

Have ordered 2x 1/4 UNF serrated nuts. Have had to order a lot so hope they work! Will post the outcome they could be adding to the draw of unusable purchases!,,,,

The sphim washer arrived. The diameter is too small, but worked with a little filing. The nut 1/4 UNF doesn't fit! Will try BSF and UNC!

Believe the nut is 1/4 BSF thread. Only problem is can't find one! Have ordered a standard BSF 1/4 nut. If it fits will look at tapping out a serrated nut.

Can now confirm the thread is 1/4 BSF. Only problem can't buy a serrated nut! Will have to make one.

Good question. The rotor arm slips slightly on the spindle due to the weight of the pod as the rotor rotates. The serrated nut stops this. Could use a serrated washer? Think I may have found a source fit the serrated nut. Will give you details If it fits.

Anyone know where I can buy a headlight motor main gear ( big nylon one) think mine has some teeth missing. Looked on S and J, thought they sold a motor sevice kit but can't find it?

SJ do a reconditioned headlight motor on exchange:

SJ079M0018  Exchange  79.90 

This Italian seller is selling a NOS motor on eBay, also worth a look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elite-Eclat-Esprit-motore-alza-fari-S2-/231500175410?

$_12.JPG

Edited by Freemason

Thanks. Was hoping to just replace the gear. As they recondition these a gear must be available?

Got the serrated nut off Amazon BSF 1/4 fitted. Having trouble getting the gear, no luck with Rimmer Bros. They only sell the whole thing. Will try Lucas parts next.

Give Pete Musgrove a call at PNM Engineering, they may be able to help you with a source for the gear.  Alternatively, Lotusbits.com list secondhand motors for £25 each.