free hit
counters
Evora S SR MY12 + Lotus sports stage 1? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stephan90

Evora S SR MY12 + Lotus sports stage 1?

I have a MY12 Evora S SR with the stock, valved exhaust.

Would it make any difference if I fitted the 'official' Lotus sports exhaust stage 1?

I'm not looking to wake up the neighbours but especially on the inside the car is very quiet sometimes.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bear in mind that your car has very good soundproofing. The standard exhaust is not as quiet as you may think. 

Certainly not when you are accelerating. Mine has been measured at 98 dBa at a track day last summer. Bog standard Evora S in Sports mode with open valve.

I have a MY12 Evora S SR with the stock, valved exhaust.

Would it make any difference if I fitted the 'official' Lotus sports exhaust stage 1?

I'm not looking to wake up the neighbours but especially on the inside the car is very quiet sometimes.

If all you are looking for is more noise inside you might try removing some of the sound deadening on the firewall.

Or wind the wind down more often!

I remember going to get a louder exhaust fitted to mine and so, when I took my car in I let my wife drive. As I sat behind it in traffic I remember thinking 'Hmmmm, actually it sounds pretty good as it is.' I really should have turned around and gone home right there and not done this afterwards : :driving:

You could try just a De-Cat. It adds burble and occasional pops on the overrun :)

No extra noise at start up and idle. Barks a bit above 3500rpm.. Measured 102db at Goodwood Trackday last summer.

Louder when you're on it but normal in town.

I have done a lot of research on the subject and have come to the answer of "probably not".  I too have a valved OEM exhaust and considered fitting the OEM sports exhaust.  However after listening to numerous cars and posting the question on multiple Lotus forums the consensus seems to be they are approximately the same as far as noise is concerned when the valve is open.  

And me as well was thinking of changing but are keep the original one .

Eddit

I agree with phaphaphooey. The sound is slightly different but they're as good as each other. The only real benefit is the Sports Stage 1 is lighter. However, I don't think the twin pipes look as good with the 'S' diffuser.

As yours is a MY12 it would have already been "decatted".

Eddie King; yours is a MY11 so if it has already been done it would be worth decatting to give an extra bit of noise.

I did laugh reading this. I was moaning about how quiet my car was until I went out for a blat with some Porsche chaps and they all said it sounded lovely and loud enough as is. Still I think some induction noise wouldn't go a miss

I was going to recommend a Radium if you can find one but since you have an S that would not be a good idea.  I can say that on a NA with the Radium it totally changes the character of the car and I wouldn't want the car without it.  It makes the car feel so much more exotic.  While you won't have the same gains on an S with an intake install as you would with an NA it should free up some sound which is always welcome in my book. I suppose your cheapest option is BOE for an S.   

Edited by phaphaphooey