free hit
counters
need help with driveshaft length - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotus-62

need help with driveshaft length

HI all, I am building a banks europa 62 with an UN1 gearbox (stevens esprit rear setup with my own trailing arms/) I need to order the drifeshafts but can't find the correct lenght on the internet. is there somebody with an driveshaft laying around who can measure the total lenght of the driveshaft with the inner CV joint /tripod fully compressed (basically the shortest lenght) the longest driveshafts (that will fitt the un1) I can find are 722mm and 730mm 

thak you in advance

rick 

post-4709-0-94242800-1423856965.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just went into my garage and measured one Esprit axle I have at 720mm. I have a few UN1 boxes out of R25's and one of those axles is  also 720mm.

Other than for the ABS ring (and slight difference where there's a shoulder on the CV joint for the ring) the R25 is the same as the Esprit axle. I think when Lotus designed the Stevens models around the UN boxes they also took the complete axles from Renault.

I also have some axles from the R21 or R20 with their UN or 369 boxes. Those axles are shorter and have a smaller diameter. If you can locate R25 axles I think you will save a lot of trouble not having custom built ones made.

Hi Dan thanks! all the information I needed, I much appreciate that

720 is indeed R25 v6 but espace v6 as well, however on 1 website I found 730 mm for the espace v6 so I was just wondering how long the esprit drifeshaft are. I have 2 r21 turbo shafts and yes they are shorter. (too short for me) 

thanks, rick

btw where in australia are you? for work I have been to adelaide three times and twice to geelong. had a nice weekend with the lotus club victoria driving in the victorian mountains. 

Edited by lotus-62

Hi Rick, I'm in Sydney. Contact me next time you're here.

I also get to Holland from time to time. I have cousins around Limburg, Amsterdam and Pijnacker.

Totziens

Pijnacker or pnacker as we say it is 20min away from me so do come over.  I have found a R25 v6 driveshaft and it fits like a glove so I am going to order 2 new one's