free hit
counters
Reverse light switch - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Is this the reverse light switch connection, on the gearbox?post-17315-0-10736300-1423859279.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Top right, back of box with the 2 brass connection pins? Yup

At least it is on the s3!

Great coverage of your project btw. This one and others like it are helping me keep the faith, so thanks.

Dave

They corrode very easily being so open to the elements and the connectors need cleaning regularly. I seem to be replacing mine every 5 years or so with snapped connectors.

Pete 

Mine has spade connections! Had a very odd fault when one fell off the switch and shorted to ground. Blew the main ignition fuse... I was driving to the British National Model Aircraft Championships to fly control line combat, so it was a by-the-side-of-the-road deal. Found the blown fuse...replaced it..off we went.

And then it happened again! And kept happening at indeterminate intervals. When I got to the contest, I had a grovel underneath and spotted the spade connector had slipped off...more in hope than expectation I gave it a squeeze with a pair of pliers and all was well, henceforth!!