free hit
counters
2 cars for parts or job lot - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sprintevo

2 cars for parts or job lot

I will post up in for sale however I thought I would post here first. I have an 1983 turbo shell chassis and interior and a S2 complete but with singed rear end. I was going to put the turbo back on the road with an Audi 6 speed transaxle and 2.7 bi turbo. However the fact that I am very busy with work and have 2 other projects mean I cannot really take them on. So both are gojng to go either as parts or complete. I got as far as buying the Audi transaxle and sourced a suitable engine.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi

I am looking for turbo chassis and running gear, can you let me no what you have along these lines.

Jon

Hi if you give me a call on 07882269250 to discuss further.

Jon

Yes that was the ones........

I remember seeing a somewhat grumpy post from him once he'd sold them

well the jury is out regarding if he sold them or not? no wait a minute just heard from the jury he still has them? that story about selling them was all bull shit to try and save face over the ridiculous high price he valued them at!

Haha - not at all surprised......

The topic thread somewhere on here was a bit of a rant if I remember correctly.

There could be your next project - you would need to be brave.......

As you dont seem to be able to put this post to rest.

Yes they both did sell for the asking price.

Buyer wanted a turbo chassis for his cutomer's project and the S2 hubs brakes etc to ensure the chassis had all the running gear-  His cleint has commissioned a 1965 Marcos Mantis XR replica.  Some of you may know what they represent in the world of prototype sportcar racing, Only one was built. one of the first mid engined Le Mans type racers with a BRM V8 and some stunning advanced bodywork and glass structures.  The company building the car maintains many classic racers for their customers so this should be a stunning car when finished.

S2 engine, Citroen gearbox, turbo bodywork, S2 interior wheels and all the other bits they dont want will be disposed of or skipped as they wont have any need for them.  I dont have them anymore.

Sorry to disapoint the forum trolls, go and pick on something else.

Hi Hugh,

I don't think the fellows on here are trolling,   I think most are some what gob smacked that

someone paid the asking price for your two damaged cars that all.

Regarding the company that purchased them I would not name them as I feel it

would not do credit to them.

What I would like to know though why would a company pay top loot for a  turbo chassis

that was off a crash damaged car when one can be purchased that is 100% straight

for £500 from a company such as lotus bits, regarding the fire damaged one bits will

be no good even the suspension will be shagged after the fire and it was a heavy fire.

And this company wants to build a one off special :thumbdown:   possible bent chassis too, what

a fantastic platform to start a build from :w00t: and pay over the odds.

The company must be pants on keeping top budget ! and build race cars that will crab

sideways !

Not trolling just the truth, fair play if you got the bread more the fools them.

Regards Danny

Edited by silverfrost
  • Like 1