free hit
counters
wastegate solenoid fuse blown - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
bens4s

wastegate solenoid fuse blown

After a long battle with trying to make this car fast, I finally found a problem. The fuse for the wastegate solenoid is blown. In your experience would this be the solenoid that has a short? Any ideas on proper ohm reading? I replaced fuse and drove the car. I spiked to 1 bar of boost for half a second then it blew again. Im considering a manual boost controller, as I'm tired of f-ing with the car. I've had it almost 2 years and driven 50 miles. Please advise

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Start with some basic checks, is there a direct short on the solenoid? If not what resistance does it have? The resistance should be high enough that it will not draw more current than the fuse rating. The current draw is the voltage divided by the resistance so 14.8 / measured resistance.

Thanks,

I checked all that. The fuse runs the wastegate solenoid, o2 sensor heater and the fuel vapor solenoid. I disconnected wastegate, and o2 plugs and it blows almost instantly. Where is the vapor solenoid located?

It sits on top of the charcoal canister, under the coolant tank.

What's the easiest way to access it? I moved the coolant tank and still can't reach it. Is it easier from underneath? Is that solenoid known to short out?

Edited by bens4s

I got it.I unplugged the vapor solenoid plug and no more fuse pop. Thanks guys

With that solenoid unplugged you might get a code 26 thrown.

Do check your wiring, but the charcoal canisters are fairly cheap to replace.

I bought this one part no 17092109 (or ACDelco 215-163 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister) $80 on Amazon

IMG_3383.JPG