free hit
counters
Hello - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello

forge197

Hello All,

Thought I pop an introduction in as I've been "browsing" the forum.

I've never owned a Lotus, though have been around the Factory a few times over the last 12 years ago most recent was last year, I enjoy the odd track day and following a visit to Outon yesterday for some passenger laps in an Elise S and then a test drive on the road, I think I can see my next car of choice for the track, weekend fun and the odd leisure roadtrip it won't be a daily driver.

So I've started looking around for a Elise S with Air Con, not really seen what common issue (if any) there are on the 2012 onwards cars with the Euro5 engine that I should be looking for, I have in mind I'd like the Touring and Sports packs as a minimum

Couple pics from my "Lotus" day yesterday, am waiting to get my login approved for Norlog too, if I get a car we'd like to come to some of the social stuff too, we met a couple of norloggers (if that's the term) yesterday and was grateful to look around both cars.

02CE2534-D2CE-4E53-901B-C389A7F3B67C_zps

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF. Never driven Oulton but I'd like to :)

They're a lovely bunch on Norlog, as we are on here. Buying a Lotus is more than just owning a car, the communities are a great part of the experience too.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome. Echo what Bibs says. I've been in a good number of car clubs/communities, and none match the Lotus gang. Down to earth, good fun, and friendly. That alone will keep me in Lotus ownership for the considerable future, if not for keeps! :)

Welcome, hopefully your next laps of Oulton park will be in your own Lotus.

Very challenging track and one that takes a long time to master, great place to stretch an Elise's legs though.

Welcome, hopefully your next laps of Oulton park will be in your own Lotus.

Very challenging track and one that takes a long time to master, great place to stretch an Elise's legs though.

Hope so, have done in Oulton in my previous track cars MINI Cooper S, Clio 182, GT86 and Leon Cupra, but I think it would be more fun and a different challenge in the Elise, there a places on Oulton with little run off!!

Welcome. Echo what Bibs says. I've been in a good number of car clubs/communities, and none match the Lotus gang. Down to earth, good fun, and friendly. That alone will keep me in Lotus ownership for the considerable future, if not for keeps! :)

Thanks, I've been am member of a number of car club/communities so look forward to that element, it's interesting how the different marques car clubs have a diferent feel.  I am still pretty close to the MINI club I was in as they are just a great bunch of people and I've not had a MINI for a few years now.

Welcome to TLF Mr D. :welcome:

Best of luck with what you decide. From what I have seen of elises in WA, on a short track they kicked my S4's butt. :(

Any other questions or issues please feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask!

Great choice in Cars. Lotus is for the true enthusiast!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 2 weeks later...

Have fun :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Had a look for real today pleased to see braided hoses as standard, intersting ride height difference between sport pack and non sport pack, couple of bits need to be done for PDI and a good clean, very excited now just want to get driving it and have it run in, which I will have done within a month I suspect.