free hit
counters
Sale vs purchase price - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stuno1

Sale vs purchase price

Hi folks. I was wondering what people paid vs sale price of their car. If you don't want to state the numbers maybe just add the discount achieved and maybe where from?

Would be good to know what is realistic.

Stu

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are we talking new or second hand

For me second hand but this could be a useful thread for anyone looking new as well.

Stuart

Bought used and paid their advertised price.  They gave me a little more on my trade-in than I thought they would...

Bought used and paid their advertised price.  They gave me a little more on my trade-in than I thought they would...

Would you mind expressing that more generous trade-in in percentage terms of the car you bought so that we can get a rough idea?

I know these cars are rare, but the fact that there are unsold cars in stock, rather than a waiting list, would suggest that there is ever so slightly more supply than demand right now, and so sellers may be willing to accept a lower price.

• Like 1

Would you mind expressing that more generous trade-in in percentage terms of the car you bought so that we can get a rough idea?

I know these cars are rare, but the fact that there are unsold cars in stock, rather than a waiting list, would suggest that there is ever so slightly more supply than demand right now, and so sellers may be willing to accept a lower price.

I would agree and many are available for a long period of time. There are approxinately 40 on auto trader alone at the moment. That's seems more than enough to me to negotiate something.

There are usually 15 Lexus isf's at any one time and I got a discount on that. I won't be looking for a bargain and appreciate its a different car but the idea of this thread was just to get people's experience so folk would know what to expect :)

Stu

I would agree and many are available for a long period of time. There are approxinately 40 on auto trader alone at the moment. That's seems more than enough to me to negotiate something.

There are usually 15 Lexus isf's at any one time and I got a discount on that. I won't be looking for a bargain and appreciate its a different car but the idea of this thread was just to get people's experience so folk would know what to expect :)

Stu

Stu - the obvious thing to suggest is that you just make some offers! I would suggest that you think in terms of percentages off, rather than arbitrary lumps of money. I would go find several cars that you'd be happy owning and then work out what they're each worth to you. If you're not focused on (smitten by) just one car then IMHO you'll be more rational.

Be polite and don't take it personally if your first offer is declined. Sales only happen if both sides can "live" with the price...

The gave me around 2K more than I thought they would've.  We recently traded in our '05 Range Rover for a Volvo S60 AWD (new) and that dealer also gave us 2K above what was considered trade-in value by most dealers. 

This seems to be a common theme, give more on the trade-in than lowering the price of the car. 

Price to change is all that matters - you can gloss it up however you like with a more valuable trade in or discount off the new car.

Price to change is all that matters - you can gloss it up however you like with a more valuable trade in or discount off the new car.

Yep, which is why it's often best to separate selling your old car from buying your new one. Makes all the numbers more transparent an doubles the number of good or bad deals you can make!

£6k loyalty bonus on a new Evora, think it's availble on all new Lotus models to existing owners, possibly only until the end of the month though. That + 3 years free servicing and 3 years warranty plus the 50/50 0% or 48 months low rate finance - makes buying a new Lotus much more achievable.

To give you a reference, I bought my car (a manager's car) two years ago in the UK from an official dealer and got 4% off the sale price initially proposed (it was probably just to get rid of me and my recurrent questions and requests for additional pictures).

That was the dark age of 2013, though the conditions above sound better. Do they really offer 6k off a new Elise?

There are loyalty bonuses available but maybe not as much on 'cheaper' models....... ?

£6k on an Evora, £4k on an Exige and £3k on an Elise :)

£6k on an Evora, £4k on an Exige and £3k on an Elise :)

That's pretty decent - but I reckon they should do a supermarket 3 for 2 and just give you the Elise if you buy an Evora and an Exige at marked price ;)

:lol: