free hit
counters
leather interior colour matching. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
top-plumber

leather interior colour matching.

Really been impressed with Peter Mr Oogieboogie and the work he has done on his interior. A truly outstanding job.

I would love to do my seats and door cards as I think the rest of the leather is in good enough condition.

I don't want to change colour as Peter has so how do I find the leather colour match. Is there a code on the vin plate or in the log book?

if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Wayne

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

don't know that much lol.dont you send off a sample of leather for them to match.Mike

Its Gliptone leather care products. They have a colour chart for Esprits but I don't know if mine is Beige, Light beige, magnolia, cream ? Could be any of them to be fair. Depends what chart they are using.

Get your build card from Andy Graham at Lotus. The original info is on there if the colour is still original?

I've got my card, though it doesn't state a gearbox number. I checked. It's there which I thought was lucky. :)

I sent off an ashtray to Gliptone and they matched the paint from that. I seem to remember that they have something like 150 shades of magnolia and they sent me out a perfect match.

If you lift off the headrest there is usually enough leather to cut a piece off and send it to them to match. Or ubder the seat

All the best