free hit
counters
Help buying please - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jako999

Help buying please

High all I am looking at what to get next just sold my 911 turbo still driving an Audi tts which is boaring fast and looks good but zero drivers car and a Smart coupe Brabus which I love but want a bit more power so i'm going to sell them both, i'm thinking af getting an elise 111s or 111r i'm realy not sure whats the best for me most of my driving is around town 5 miles to work then back again but its at 5.30am so i can have some fun with the odd country blast the only must is most of the time the roof is off. The thing is I have now found out that the Exige S gets a hard ond soft top do they all and are they a better car, could I use the soft top 90% of the time and so on. What should I buy I would like to spend around the £12-£15,000 but have seen a really nice one owner 2006 Exige at £24,000 that I have fell in love with. Please help me get the right one and not get it wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The other thing is really I want a lot of fun but not over kill costting more insurance, tax and fuel are the new 1.6's any good?

Don't rule out a stock S1 Elise. For a 5 mile blast with the roof off they are brilliant and you should be able to get a very good one for c£10k with money to spare for performance upgrades if you feel you want more. Values are rising too. 

The other thing is really I want a lot of fun but not over kill costting more insurance, tax and fuel are the new 1.6's any good?

Hi, i've had lots of fast cars...Porche, TVR, Evo, Subaru etc,..... try a 1.6 i've had mine for a few weeks and on the road its perfect, more than enough on A/B roads. Yes other cars are quicker but the 1.6 is so good to drive !

Mick