Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
cel doesn't light up. - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

cel doesn't light up.

bens4s

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your lucky the bulb has blown, which triggers a code 26 & reduces boost to .65 bar, if you're not the PO has removed the bulb to hide the CEL being lit & that something is f£$ked :thumbdown:

Edited by jonwat

Cheers,

John W

I plugged the wires back to cel and the light works. It does turn off after starting. He was trying to hide the fact it had a short. I was limited to. 65 and that's what started the search. Fuel vapor solenoid was bad. He unhooked the cel light instead of finding the problem. Thank god for this forum!!

He unhooked the cel light instead of finding the problem.

Or his shonky mechanic did. Seems to be a few of those around.

Thank god for this forum!!

True. I can't believe how much I've learnt from this site about my car. Having said that, if I'd have discovered this site before buying my car, I wonder if I'd have been a Lotus Esprit owner :P If I'd have known all the problems my car had, I may not have bought it... and I wouldn't have had the satisfaction of (personally) fixing so many of its problems or have learnt so much about car maintenance in general :)

Cheers

Ian.