free hit
counters
Ebay -Esprit restoration more like scrap - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ebay

Ebay -Esprit restoration more like scrap

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think I can spot a door handle!

I bet that's Nick Warren selling that car. Overpriced by about £2,400 at the moment! 

• Like 2

I wanna see the barn it was found in.

Check out his other items - he's got a near concours red one

I don't fancy that one - just been having a lesson on reconoloising seats!!!!! The one I've got my eye on needs doing.......it's not this one though......

Would make a great trailer to go behind an esprit!!!

By the look of it that silver one was found after the barn caught fire. And then fell on it.

Barry, ive got a connnoly kit came with my car from previous owner, i clean it, feed it lanolin (not sure if thats the right spelling?) The next day its nice and soft again. Ive read about re colouring seats but you loose the stitching colour, ill prolong the life of my seats untill i can justify a re covering

The spare looks partly ok. :getmecoat:

The owner has posted on here about these. Interestingly, they were bought for £400 each (as stated in his thread), so he is definitely looking for a profit.

I think he paid too much for them!!

:)

If you could rip a chassis out - there may be 400 worth - but in reality - it's just a wreck - you would have to be hugely brave to take it on

the parts salvageable from this would need a lot spending on them to refurb them alone.

it's worth a packet of hobnobs and a reach around. 

Well, I'm happy to provide the Hobnobs...

Thanks andy - I'm off to collect an esprit Friday by the looks......

Not either of those eBay lovelies though - I've got at least half a dozen people telling me I'm daft to buy an esprit

Oh what am I letting myself in for

Bibs

Your a diamond...... I've a client I work for whom has a passion for sports cars telling me the same.

He had one at a dealership he owned in 1994 - he remembers it was a 1991 car - and thought it was the best car he's driven

He's owned ferraris, Porsches etc etc - and has a real driving history - also telling me to ignore all the bull.....

I am stepping into the abyss - but looking forward to it massively. I'm sure if it's cared for it'll reward ownership and it's better than money in the bank.

The wife reckons we could resurface the drive, have a big family holiday or get an endless swimming pool for the kids to train in............. None of them options are changing my mind............... I'm even tempted to take out the passenger seat....

Full membership next...... And if she'll make it - I'm gonna aim for brooklands....

Excited....

Barry

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

You'll love it! They're only jealous (and idiots!). :D

I'm sure they love their Fiesta's and Pug 108's... :lol:

Good luck Barry .look foreward to following your journey....Mike