free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 62 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Agreed on pricing. Most reckon on +25k average options. And then another £50k 'overs' for a second buyer so yes, nearly £200k. Usefully under the current RS second hand. But we digress. What a bargain the Evora is and what else do you buy if trading up?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, JayEmm said:

PM me and I can send a few ideas..

Are they secret?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Ssshhhhh!  Careless talk costs lives...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Sport 410 is worth the extra for me unless you really need small back seats or have some strange aversion to carbon fibre! Definitely some good deals on used 400s out there which are making the 410 look more expensive.

• Like 1

I think the 400 price is an interesting one. No discounts on new ones, yet 2nd hand are some £20k-£30k less.

You're right tho Doc, it makes for a big headline gap between 400(2nd hand) and 410.

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

I guess the thing is there *were* deals on 400s, so 60K will get a decent used one. A well specced 410 is 85 with no discounts going I know of. 

If you're looking at exclusively brand new cars I can see the appeal of a 410 but most 400s still have their warranty intact, and that saving could pay for plenty of go faster parts.

I constantly get people on my channel moaning the Evora is overpriced but I don't see it. A 911 C2S without options is 87k. They are easily specced into six figures. An Aston is also not going to be less than 100K really.

F type is similar price but a totally different type of car, and not half as special IMHO...

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

21 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

I constantly get people on my channel moaning the Evora is overpriced

I'd imagine that's because the average youtube heavy user (ie more likely to comment) is more than likely a teenager, if not, not far off. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Be interesting to see if the US mirrors the UK experience.  Been following Lotus on one car site and it appears that there are around 100 Evora 400s for sale nationwide with around 20% of them manual.  Those number are going down now that we are going into the "sports car season" in the US.  Some cars have been on the market for awhile, but no one seems to be discounting the cars.  Too early to tell what the used car market for the Evora 400 will be.  If we see discounts like those seen in the UK, getting the car would be virtual no-brainer.  

• Like 1

Living in the US is an automatic discount! You normally pay less in $ than we do in £ as it is. US cars are obviously massively cheaper over there than here, horsepower is cheap stateside from our point of view.

I won't complain though just wait until @nerobi tells you what an Evora 400 costs in Turkey! :shock:

Does the 400 have an option of carbon pack and electrically adjustable seats as the lotus site suggests? Also is the site up to date as it does not have cup holder as an option but some cars on PH state they will have new cars soon with cup holders?

The cup holder is a federal feature I believe.

Evora NA

Part numbers are in the service guide if anyone wants to try retrofitting it?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

You might want to order one of these too to complete the look.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Purple-LED-Diamond-Bubble-Car-Universal-Gear-Stick-Shift-Lever-Shifter-Knob-10cm-/321770531567?hash=item4aeb04aaef:g:FgYAAOSwBahVaye3

Purple-LED-Diamond-Bubble-Car-Universal-Gear-Stick-Shift-Lever-Shifter-Knob-10cm

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Only the rear one right, not the footwell one?

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Tesla Model S - Midnight Silver | Renault Twizy - Brilliant Black ::..

14 minutes ago, dalepearson said:

Only the rear one right, not the footwell one?

Correct, still not seen that one mentioned anywhere

• Gold FFM

To my knowledge the front cupholder has not yet made it to production, but the centre console one is now standard in the USA and a £110 option in the UK.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Impressions? Where were they? :lol:

lots of giggling but not much impressions hehe chop chop TAGL

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I just recorded my impression of the 400. Decided not to load it as it sounded like a lion eating a mouse - roar roar - squeak creak - roar roar - squeak :devil:

• Like 1