free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 12 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Evora 400

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not driven an Evora until last week. I drove over to Hofmann's in my 991 deliberately to make the back to back comparison. To echo Dave's points I was not disappointed with the cabin feel and qua

Good news!! I just got a call from the dealer.  Lotus sends apologies all around for the confusion and will be building the vehicle exactly as my order specified.   The color is officially no longer

Middle of next week

Posted Images

I was reserving judgement until I saw it in the flesh and it works very well, looks very aggressive. :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So where did they find 22kg over the original? That's almost 2% unless I'm mistaken.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

So where did they find 22kg over the original? That's almost 2% unless I'm mistaken.

Seats, wheels, many other things... but those are the 2 biggest I believe...

Evora NA

Love it!

Looks even better in the pictures/videos.

That Chargecooler on the back looks like a really high quality item too, each new model Lotus release they get better and better at fit, finish and quality.

This one is no exception.  Love the low sills too and can't wait till they bring that to the Exige 400 ;)

Love it and looking forward to Monday to sing in the flesh.  

Do all regions get the side reflectors that the US cars presently only get?  At least here they look designed to be there rather than afterthoughts but still do nothing for the car i.m.h.o.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Yup, they're an integral part of the bumper and they'll be fitted to all cars worldwide. 

Evora NA

Love it.  Really love it!  I was undecided after those first shots from a few weeks ago, but now its really grown on me and I love it. Also added bonus from the video that JMG give it a bit of a rev, not enough mind but sounds really purposeful and to be audible above the music in the conference hall suggests they learnt from the first evora being too quiet!

Can't wait to see one myself, when will B&C have their first one?!

Demo's will be in around July/Aug time... :)

Evora NA

Just giving a look at this cockpit view let us realize how much work has been done on the chassis. the footwell on the driver side is so wide now! it's like night and day compared to the old car. 

15-lotus-evora-400-geneva-1.jpg

And if the car is fully NHTSA compatible, it means that the doors have been redesigned to receive side airbags which explain the door panel look. Come to think of it the fact that they managed to save that much weight on the car while adding that much strengthening and safety is absolutely maddening ; the federalized Alfa 4C is 100 pounds heavier than the EU version, that Federalized Evora is 22 kg lighter than the previous 2014 EU only model!

dont take this the wrong way but that's because the 4c was designed to be as light as possible from the get go. the evora wasn't...

i know, my old man has a 4c.... theres nothing in there that could get any lighter without massive expense! 

frankly you would have to be mad to buy a cayman over that  .... 

i hope the whack that rev counter as a single central console on the exige400 lol 

Edited by diego
  • Like 1

It does by the look of it, if you look carefully to the left of the footwell, you can see the right hand edge of it.

A nice brief write up on Car Magazines web site:-

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/geneva/2015/a-guided-tour-around-the-new-lotus-evora-400---by-the-chief-exec/

• Like 1

Very minor point but why does that car not have a dead pedal?

it does have one and that's the thing the redesigned footwell is so wide and deep you barely see it.

lotus-evora-400-6-1.jpg

Edited by NedaSay

It can have one on both Left and Right hand drive cars now too. 

Evora NA