free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 28 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bee

Lotus Evora 400

I used to have lettering like that on the bootlid of my Carlton about 100 years ago. It looked old fashioned then.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Trevor, only get worried if you start eating noodles for breakfast. Lol

Would it stop me from buying one - no of course not. Would it irritate me and be a magnet for dust, yes.  But heh ho, still a great looking car.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I suspect there's a simple fix involving a knife and a little brute force. Jezza would use a hammer but I suggest a lighter touch!

Overall does it bother me? No not at all.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'm guessing that knowing Lotus are pretty adaptable in build that you simply request not to have it fitted.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

But this is a forum full of enthusiasts who would have their children go without food if it meant they could buy another toy from Hethel and the overwhelming consensus is that those letters look stupid.

Now, imagine trying to convince a buyer who is new to the marque and subsequently undecided between a 400 and another couple of cars. Would the Amstrad reject decals be a vote winner here?

wow, is it really that bad? I would have them removed if it was an option certainly, but don't you think thats a little OTT. The colour is what catches the eye, its too stark. Most companies splatter their own logos all over the inside of a car. It could have been done better, but its not going to stop someone from buying it is it now. Cars like that are all about the heritage, style and the driving experience. Anyone who goes to look at it in a show room will already have read reviews and seen the photos so will already know about it beforehand.

I've got oriental tastes like Trevor, I don't mind them at all. What bugs me far more is that they missed the opportunity for a central rev counter, and if you're doing bespoke instruments why have a 9k rev counter on a car with a 7k redline?

...unless of course they're allowing for higher revving future models...

I've got oriental tastes like Trevor, I don't mind them at all.     

Actually, fashion houses are subduing their branding on bags and such in response to the Chinese market.  Chinese are now at a point where they want to tone down the flash and attract attention (to government).  Lotus is just behind this trend as it takes time to get their ducks in line.  Fashion houses can respond much quicker.

I can't quite believe the fuss about those letters - a quirk that could be fixed with gaffer tape unlike the quirks of the old car which we all bought anyway!

Besides, if you do win the lottery, those letters will come in handy for reminding you which car you are in today ;)

who cares about the branding.... its the way its going!

its what it looks like in situ (ie in the road not hall lights) that counts  :thumbsup:

any idea when B&C will get a demo we can all go and perv over?

I think it's due in July, joking the queue :-)

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

They need to fix the black pack in the configurator, the black parts are a little too low.

http://lotus-am-ring.de/konfigurator.php

post-15262-0-83507000-1433359100.jpg

I personally think it looks better witouth the black pack anyway. And that light grey looks terible on the evora, to be honest. I mean, even the green version looks awesome. Not sure if that's a new color but it does look good! Why didn't they choose a color that's a bit more flashy for the launch? 

I must admit, the first pictures were a bit dissappointing, but the 400 is definitely growing on me.

Whats wrong with the Henry Ford approach, any colour you want as long as its red - so Ardent Red, Volcano red etc...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I've never liked signs and writing on any of my cars....... Have always taken them off.....

Can't bring myself to remove esprit turbo from mine though.....

Only here once

Would it stop me buying a number 5? No.  

Do I think they look better in Black - Yes on that particular interior shade of red anyway.

Would I still want them even in black - no. (such a shame after a hugely improved dash layout it seems)

Do I just hope we can satisfy everybody on here and have them simply deletable at the order stage if that floats your boat - yes.

Did that sound likely from the questions I asked - No (but not confirmed and watch this space)

If you wanted to prise them off could you? - Hmmm salesman wasn't sure when I asked as they may penetrate the material (Leather?)

Hey ho, if we weren't discussing this is such minute detail we wouldn't be prospective buyers now or later so that has to be a good thing for them.

re the configurator colour slip it does it on at least red as well to lesser extent but it isn't official Factory remember so it is only to give you an idea which at least is better than factory are managing right now.   Same probably for the colour choice.  Gives you an idea about what a blue looks like for example.  Not what blue.  I agreed in an earlier post it looks so much better in one of those colours that they missed a trick at Geneva IMO.

Oh hurry up and roll on the real cars in real photos on here.   :thumbsup:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

One thing that hasn't been brought up is warranty.

If they want the 400 to sway buyers from Porsche, etc...  they need a warranty that is equal or better to Porsche.  Confidence on reliability is not there to prospective buyer and being able to offer a better warranty than Porsche goes a long way. 

Lotus can never beat Porsche at financing, so what can they beat them at (beyond offering a cooler car for the money)?

The 50:50 finance is very good and Lotus offer a 3 year warranty, same as Porsche. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

The 50:50 finance is very good and Lotus offer a 3 year warranty, same as Porsche. 

This.  I have has some niggles with the car since purchase - and the Warranty has been faultless, if not necessarily timely for spare parts.  In fact the warranty has been easily the most "no quibble" I have experienced.  Much more so than some German brands I've dealt with - admittedly I've not owned a Porsche.  Spare part availability should scale with the projected/ hoped for increase in production.

Friends (yes, I have some and they are real - well, the penguins keep telling me they are) who own other Sports cars have all to a greater lesser degree had issues with their cars, and whilst my initial frustrations were tiresome - they were certainly not unique to Lotus.

I think Lotus has offered some great finance deals recently - as Bibs states.

Having said all of the above - Lotus' big problem is that perception, for many people is the reality.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that if you were to buy a 3 year old Lotus from a dealer, the warranty that you would get isn't factory backed. I'm not sure what duration you would get, but I'm sure I read somewhere that it is in the 6-12 months range, depending on the dealer.

I agree with the comments above regarding Lotus vs. Porsche warranty. When most people find out I have a Lotus, one of the first questions is always about what has gone wrong with it. Now irrespective of reality, that is peoples' perception, and offering a minimum 2 year factory-backed warranty on all used cars would go some way to alleviate it. As would allowing an owner to get the same warranty on a car they bought privately (after an inspection etc). 

• Like 1

offering a minimum 2 year factory-backed warranty on all used cars would go some way to alleviate it.

No manufacturer who wants to stay in business would offer that. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that if you were to buy a 3 year old Lotus from a dealer, the warranty that you would get isn't factory backed. I'm not sure what duration you would get, but I'm sure I read somewhere that it is in the 6-12 months range, depending on the dealer.

I agree with the comments above regarding Lotus vs. Porsche warranty. When most people find out I have a Lotus, one of the first questions is always about what has gone wrong with it. Now irrespective of reality, that is peoples' perception, and offering a minimum 2 year factory-backed warranty on all used cars would go some way to alleviate it. As would allowing an owner to get the same warranty on a car they bought privately (after an inspection etc).

Are you aware of the differences between (any) initial manufacturer's warranty and (any) subsequent 'approved/OEM' used warranty?

Warranties are all just insurance anyway - there may be different exclusions and conditions, but who do you think is going to do the spannering and where do you think the parts will come from?

If Winston Wolf is paying and your local dealer is doing the work, does it not feel the same to you? If you have to use a specific dealer to do the aftermarket warranty work then clearly that's less good than factory backed, but realistically unless you brakedown outside another dealership it still probably makes little difference.