free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 34 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bee

Lotus Evora 400

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Here is the link: http://shop.motorpresse.de/sport-auto/start/Unfortunately the article isn't online.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Thanks Thomas.  That's a shame.

Sounds good, bit surprised it was not accelerating harder in the the last (presumably 6th) gear as the old/current Evora does similar, changing to second his arm looked uncomfortable/working around the seat - due to his seat position or is the seat shape causing it?

Lovely to see a factory alcantara wheel. Motorsport could not manage mine and I had to find a trimmer to send mine to while it was at Hethel.

He's a decent driver that reporter.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

meeh lukewarm bit of a review here... but pics of the alcantara trim interior are wow...  And it does look good in orange, bright colours suit the car really well.

Edited by NedaSay

I hadn't read the article when I posted up as I'd just found it.

As above a generally positive review and many of our existing owner areas of wished for improvements addressed, but I can already hear the Chris Harris soundbites etc. if somebody like Autocrat is glowing.  

I'm going to stay off the negatives or disapointments I could find with one exception - those HIDEOUS letters on the dash :thumbdown: !  However lots of positives and I do like the new interior.  which looks considerably better.   Must say I just love the colour combo shown and wonder why they never used something like that at Geneva.  It does so many more favours for the car.

Looking forward to more on line finds and Evo's thoughts.  Oh yes and have to say, I'm looking forward to Bibs's as well. :unworthy:

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Hardcore? Takes some getting used to?

I know I'm picking the key words from the sub-headline...

Maybe he's too used to 'other' marques with 'different' characteristics?

As I'm in the market I'll be honest and say I was hoping for a better review off the bat. I'm sure there will be different, and better (and worse, maybe) reviews to come ;-)

More about the business initiative in norfolk than the car but some nice photos again showing a bright colour with the Black pack look good.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/lotus_stresses_its_norfolk_links_in_a_new_global_marketing_drive_1_4162771

post-7988-0-70670400-1437596363.jpg

post-7988-0-96706700-1437596379.jpg

post-7988-0-43678900-1437596385.jpg

post-7988-0-70776800-1437596397.jpg

Is it just me, or does that review really inform at all? Meh.

• Like 1

Oh come on...seriously.....I mean, seriously.....

415746b8f5eb97640b95a6a44792997d_zps3avn

Other than that, I do like that interior.

Black n gold

We already have one; it's called TC Off.

I want a button with a picture of an exhaust!!!

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

Whilst I'll read every review that I can get my hands on, I think I'm really only waiting for Evo (and Bibs, ofc).

• Like 1

We already have one; it's called TC Off.

I want a button with a picture of an exhaust!!!

It took me forever to understand that the second button from the was the exhaust bypass to get the nice raucus.

I'm getting used to the lettering as the plastic underneath it looks too plasticky when bare, still hoping that Lotus will see fit to have a no cost delete option.  Other than that, the interior looks good, like a very nice place to be:

evora-400-ac-071.jpg?itok=10_-sqNf

Still that review is just not good, not what Lotus needs. And some problems appear to remain despite all the efforts made by the company to remedy them ; the gearbox is still the weakest link according to Prior - Leads to wonder how much does the Getrag 6MTT480 would cost - and of course Porsche was to be mentioned but then again whenever a new Lotus comes around Porsche is mentioned so no surprise there.

Still hope to see and read somewhat less downbeat reviews in the next few days.

Edited by NedaSay

It's not a bad review really. Prior at least is a decent road tester and the best that Autocar now has and doesn't have a particular axe to grind. Other than the gear change and driving position (sure he mentions 'that' badge too :) ) it's quite positive.

It's not a Cayman xxx rival though and should be judged as an alternative to a 991, leave the Exige 4xx to handle the Caymans.

Pity about the gear change but I'm happy with the way the Exige shifts so that wouldn't bother me, but could put some off, which is a shame. Driving position ....is it the same in current Evora? Odd not to try and improve but until I drive it not too worried.

So praise with faint damning. Not as gushing as the GT4 reviews, but you didn't really expect that, be honest :)

Black n gold

Orange and yellow paint work very well I think, very unsure about the interior, no more metal knobs, I am afraid no leather covered sills, large Piece of plastic in the cente console (under the Lotus lettering)........tastes are different but I think the int does not look as special than before, but will have to see it in the plastic... :-)

Jesus.

Are there similar alternatives for us old-school Evora owners?! I know the rears are wider, but damn. That beats my 9k...

Yes, MPSS are available in "our" sizes.

I guess it also comes down to compound.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel