free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 37 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bee

Lotus Evora 400

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mirror + glue?

Or someone tells Hethel to add 20g mirrors to both sun visors, I'm sure they can source them from Proton. 

There are airbag warnings on both which is a legislative requirement, there's honestly no room for a mirror.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Now... if only Lotus could update the website to show.. wait for it... *pictures!*

of each option you pay extra for!

like various angles of the cabin with each interior type and color.

• Like 2

By the way bibs how was the journos crowd? Did Lotus have a formal keynote?

Cool, nice write up Bibs BTW.

Out of interest how many 400's did they have today, 3?

The yellow, orange and silver ones

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

And you've beaten them all to getting an article published!

Fastest keyboard in the West!

• Like 1

+ Black & a lovely dark green, just a shade lighter than Empire Green so 5 that I saw plus one in the workshop having some new rears fitted.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

(Just going to be annoying and point out a small typo towards the end of the third paragraph:  6kgs has been shaved from the A-Pillars which now being thinner air visibility, I presume you meant aids ​visibility?)

/cough/

Ta. :)

Evora NA

Now that your article has been linked "elsewhere" I thought it prudent to fix that bit. :D

(Interesting formatting in my quote there!)

Just checked my Harrys Lap Timer. Almost 90% as quick as Gavin Kershaw (which I'm very, very happy with!) and saw 140mph down the back straight after Windsock and 128mph on the way back before braking for Clark! :D

• Like 1

Evora NA

Thoughts on 'That' badge had been fed back to some very senior people at Lotus.

Here's a kicker for you - In durability testing, Lotus have seen 40,000 miles from a set of the rear Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres. Bosh!

Hate to break it to everyone but you'll not get more than 8000 miles out of the rear tyres .

Unless the compound is different I've been running pilot supersport on my Evora S in the exact same size as those on the 400 and I only got 3500 miles out of them. That's with no track work. They were K1 spec which come only with 6mm from new so hence me saying no more than 8000 miles.

I have the non K1 spec on the rear now so hoping I get more like 7000 this time.

That's mighty impressive. Strong work.

Hate to break it to everyone but you'll not get more than 8000 miles out of the rear tyres .

Unless the compound is different I've been running pilot supersport on my Evora S in the exact same size as those on the 400 and I only got 3500 miles out of them.

Perhaps the 400 suspension is different and doesn't have as much rear toe-in? Which is a major cause of rear tyre wear in our cars

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

No idea to be honest but all the cars I go out with are running MPSS and none have ever seen more than 10k out of a set.

I don't know what kind of durability tests they have been doing but 40k I just can't see it happening, not even 20k if I'm honest. Great tyres though and would highly recommend to all existing Evora owners.

Nice positive review - there's a trend starting here. Interestingly puts the competition as the F-Type (£11k cheaper) and the base 911 Carrera which is £10k more. Generally I think the 400 is proving to be a success :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

WTF would he expect after his charming 'jingoism' piece a couple of months back. Reap what you sow...

For what it's worth i like his videos but i can see why they didnt bother to invite him to the launch.....he wasn't even vaguely positve about the car before it came out so why should they go out of their way?    Also he's at his best when he's got the car for a day on an empty track, i'm sure they can make that happen at some point. 

Perhaps the 400 suspension is different and doesn't have as much rear toe-in? Which is a major cause of rear tyre wear in our cars

Read my review, every part but the ARB has been changed on the suspension for the 400 :)

Evora NA

Nice positive review - there's a trend starting here. Interestingly puts the competition as the F-Type (£11k cheaper) and the base 911 Carrera which is £10k more. Generally I think the 400 is proving to be a success :)

Totally agree.  It hurts a bit that they're (mostly) so damning of our generation of Evoras though.  I'm guessing there will be more unfavourable comments on the current car in a similar vein as the rest of the press deliver their verdicts.

I think I can safely say that, all things being equal, Lotus should be justifiably proud of what they have achieved with the new car.  No one to date has had anything massively damning to say - and it almost feels like the press are relieved that this is the case.

I would be interested to see the time difference around the track with a 430 komotec Evora s.

Appreciate the 400 is lighter and has improved suspension but would be cool to see the time difference. The older model does seem to be taking a bit of a beating. I think it's a tad unfair but you do buy one with your eyes open, even on the MY2012 cars.

- radio reception can be poor

- getting in and out can be challenging

- glare on the dash from sun light

- ergonomics aren't the greatest

- etc

The 400 seems to have addressed a lot of these issues.

Stu

Totally agree. It hurts a bit that they're (mostly) so damning of our generation of Evoras though. I'm guessing there will be more unfavourable comments on the current car in a similar vein as the rest of the press deliver their verdicts.

I think I can safely say that, all things being equal, Lotus should be justifiably proud of what they have achieved with the new car. No one to date has had anything massively damning to say - and it almost feels like the press are relieved that this is the case.

If we're not in denial they are correct though. As much as I love driving my Evora there really are IMHO some basic ergonomic design FAILs. Which now seem to be sorted - well done JMG!

If you're old enough to remember Neighbours I'd say the original car is the 'wrong' Alessi twin and the new one is her sister ;)

• Like 2

If we're not in denial they are correct though. As much as I love driving my Evora there really are IMHO some basic ergonomic design FAILs. Which now seem to be sorted - well done JMG!

If you're old enough to remember Neighbours I'd say the original car is the 'wrong' Alessi twin and the new one is her sister ;)

Agree totally!

And yes, your cultural reference is spot on!