free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 56 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 7 months later...

Wow, congratulations :D

@[email protected] must be struggling to keep up at the moment!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Ccd said:

mcx, is the Evora replacing your 911 GT3 RS or in addition to that car?

It's hard to know in the long run, but I hope to run them both at least through this year. I have been putting a few miles on the RS, so in my mind getting the Evora is helping the value of the RS .. therefore more than justified :happy dance:

• Gold FFM

Given the 991 GT3 RS is a car that's being judged as one of the all time greats and - not that I care about anyone's financial situation - for that money you could easily get a McLaren, or a 458, or a Huracan etc... - it shows what an awesome car Lotus have come up with. Cheap at twice the price eh?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I must admit when Martin arrived in his 991 my initial thoughts were this is going to be quite a test for the little Lotus, but to say it passed with flying colours (in this case orange..) is clearly an understatement!

@Bibs it has been fantastic the last couple of months, on Elise Exige and Evora! People outside of the Lotus community are really taking note of the fantastic cars Lotus are building.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Given the 991 GT3 RS is a car that's being judged as one of the all time greats and - not that I care about anyone's financial situation - for that money you could easily get a McLaren, or a 458, or a Huracan etc... - it shows what an awesome car Lotus have come up with. Cheap at twice the price eh?

I just thought the Evora at the price was very good value for money. I think it compares reasonably well to a 991.1 c2s in performance (not tried a 991.2, not sure I'm a fan of the turbo engines) but a new one of those specced with "essentials" is towards £100k. I like the simple options list on the Lotus, although I didn't spec this one, it's pretty close to what I would have ordered. On the RS you can see where the money has been spent, engine, brakes, pdk etc but that also makes it too valuable to hoon around a track with the correct amount of enthusiasm.. 

• Gold FFM

Nice one @mcx and I hope you get many smiles with the miles you put on your Evora. Two great cars ( though I will admit I am not a fan of the other run of the mill Porsches but the RS is very special) and I bet a nice problem to have is choosing which key on a glorious sunny morning. Total respect for thinking outside of the Pork Pie shop and having a go. Nice one indeed.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the official USA Press Launch is imminent for the 400 :thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They're not doing a press launch without cars there! 

Evora NA

I'll ask for more details tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

Bibs, for the sake of us poor saps over the pond, please do keep us posted.  My Dealer at the end of last week gave me a time frame of MAYBE end of August, but likely Sept before my car would hit the US (given my place in the queue), and he even admitted he wasn't confident that time frame would hold.

• Gold FFM

I was at the factory today and the message was that they are cracking on with US bound cars and they are really keen to get things going over there. :thumbsup:

They know you're waiting and they're desperate to get the cars over there :D

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel