free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 56 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Evora 400

• Gold FFM

The LFA is a hell of a car. I saw that but even though the marque begins with "L" and ends with "S" the bit in the middle is not "OTU" so not worthy....  ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not driven an Evora until last week. I drove over to Hofmann's in my 991 deliberately to make the back to back comparison. To echo Dave's points I was not disappointed with the cabin feel and qua

Good news!! I just got a call from the dealer.  Lotus sends apologies all around for the confusion and will be building the vehicle exactly as my order specified.   The color is officially no longer

Middle of next week

Posted Images

Heated seats on a sports car is a little self indulgent, but you feel you need them; why not?  I can't remember a sports car I owned where getting heat in the cabin is an issue.  Keeping the inside cool is much more a challenge.  I do enjoy heated seats and steering wheels in regular cars, but I could care less if the Lotus had either.  Good AC is mandatory.  I have to say, I do need a NAV and stereo and I am happy with what the Lotus has already.  Sure, the competitors have something fancier, but that's them...  The fancier the car, the less I like the NAV.

There's a Lotus dealer about 4 miles from my house.  Most of the USA won't be able to test drive the 400 until the Spring at earliest.  There's only 2 dealers in New England and the season will be over in a month until March.  Would either dealer spec a demo car with snow tires for the winter?  Could really help or hurt sales.  I met one guy who drives his Evora through the Boston winter with snow's and he says it is quite competent in the cold.

• Gold FFM

If I can refer back to the climate control

when the missus gets in any of our motors - up to max goes the heating !   

Why these cars have a set point temperature when you insert a woman into a car - God only knows !!

Only here once

• Gold FFM

If I can refer back to the climate control

when the missus gets in any of our motors - up to max goes the heating !   

Why these cars have a set point temperature when you insert a woman into a car - God only knows !!

Just wait till she gets the the age when things start to change!  She'll be hitting that dialing that ac switch down to the lowest setting in the middle of winter......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Nice write-up Dave really interesting to read a back-to-back comparison with the Evora S. I think your observations are spot on. Including how great the 'gen 1' Evora remains. Also that the digital speedo dead centre in the binnacle is really nicely done and well thought out. A few have bought 400s without a test drive and they're in for a treat! But the deals going on the remaining stock of Evora SRs make them look mighty tempting too.

No new SR left :(

i was interested in the Orange at Snows. On 50/50 it was very attractive. However the 6month old one on finance is very unattractive.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 7 months later...

Wow, congratulations :D

@[email protected] must be struggling to keep up at the moment!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Ccd said:

mcx, is the Evora replacing your 911 GT3 RS or in addition to that car?

It's hard to know in the long run, but I hope to run them both at least through this year. I have been putting a few miles on the RS, so in my mind getting the Evora is helping the value of the RS .. therefore more than justified :happy dance:

Given the 991 GT3 RS is a car that's being judged as one of the all time greats and - not that I care about anyone's financial situation - for that money you could easily get a McLaren, or a 458, or a Huracan etc... - it shows what an awesome car Lotus have come up with. Cheap at twice the price eh?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I must admit when Martin arrived in his 991 my initial thoughts were this is going to be quite a test for the little Lotus, but to say it passed with flying colours (in this case orange..) is clearly an understatement!

@Bibs it has been fantastic the last couple of months, on Elise Exige and Evora! People outside of the Lotus community are really taking note of the fantastic cars Lotus are building.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Given the 991 GT3 RS is a car that's being judged as one of the all time greats and - not that I care about anyone's financial situation - for that money you could easily get a McLaren, or a 458, or a Huracan etc... - it shows what an awesome car Lotus have come up with. Cheap at twice the price eh?

I just thought the Evora at the price was very good value for money. I think it compares reasonably well to a 991.1 c2s in performance (not tried a 991.2, not sure I'm a fan of the turbo engines) but a new one of those specced with "essentials" is towards £100k. I like the simple options list on the Lotus, although I didn't spec this one, it's pretty close to what I would have ordered. On the RS you can see where the money has been spent, engine, brakes, pdk etc but that also makes it too valuable to hoon around a track with the correct amount of enthusiasm.. 

• Gold FFM

Nice one @mcx and I hope you get many smiles with the miles you put on your Evora. Two great cars ( though I will admit I am not a fan of the other run of the mill Porsches but the RS is very special) and I bet a nice problem to have is choosing which key on a glorious sunny morning. Total respect for thinking outside of the Pork Pie shop and having a go. Nice one indeed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the official USA Press Launch is imminent for the 400 :thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.