free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 58 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Evora 400

That's different to the page I'm seeing. I'll ask the factory to fix this when they're back in on Monday :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not driven an Evora until last week. I drove over to Hofmann's in my 991 deliberately to make the back to back comparison. To echo Dave's points I was not disappointed with the cabin feel and qua

Good news!! I just got a call from the dealer.  Lotus sends apologies all around for the confusion and will be building the vehicle exactly as my order specified.   The color is officially no longer

Middle of next week

Posted Images

17 hours ago, hyteck9 said:

Looks good!

Oh man..  I'm sorry...  I didn't put nearly enough attitude in to that reply.  Shame on me.  Let me try again.  What I meant to say was...

Looks good!    ....  Now where is my car!!!!

• Like 1

Bibs, Any word on the US spec cars making land fall?  US based forum has some people reporting that their dealer told them the cars are on a boat, which I find suspect, since my dealer apparently still can't get an ETA for delivery.

2 hours ago, 99Problems said:

Bibs, Any word on the US spec cars making land fall?  US based forum has some people reporting that their dealer told them the cars are on a boat, which I find suspect, since my dealer apparently still can't get an ETA for delivery.

99P,   Lotus is operating on the "Surprise Party" format.  They will show up with your car at your home unexpectedly with balloons and a little cake decorated as the Lotus symbol.  :-P      Don't leave the house for the next 6 months or so...  or you might miss it!  hahaha

• Like 1

<_<  Yeah.  Honestly, I can't blame my dealership, as all 3 I've dealt with in the order saga had trouble getting info from Lotus, not sure why.  But that having been said, IF the homo-ligation is all done, then Lotus HQ must be able to give dealers/ customers with pre-orders a delivery ETA.  Makes no sense to me that some dealers are telling people the cars are built and on the boat already, while others apparently haven't heard a peep.  I asked my dealer to inquire again, because if the late August date that they were last given is still based in SOME amount of reality, then they have to have a delivery eta by now.  How could a dealer network and a car manufacturer function without communicating where product is in the production/delivery cycle?

Maybe the obvious answer is someone's dealership is talking Shyte, and HQ hasn't said anything because the cars still can't be exported to the US..

9 minutes ago, brightoncorgi said:

I was at the dealer today and it totally skipped my mind to ask them.  They have I think 2 cars & their demo car on order...

Bad Corgi!!

It is beyond frustrating sometimes... but especially now.  I'm getting ready to close the deal on a new property, and a 'sudden' $90,000 US financial obligation would be the death of everything.  It would be nice to be able to plan out such things, but by hook or by crook, that is a courtesy not available from Lotus at this time.

• Like 1

Funny, but I find myself in a very similar situation.  Being surprised with a 112K US (after tax) car showing up with little notice would not be that great a surprise I'm afraid.  Mortgage lenders financing a portion of an investment property are not huge fans of those kinds of surprises mid transaction...  go figure.

Edited by 99Problems

99P,..  I realize this is not concrete information, but anything might help...

I was told my car will be one of the first "couple" USA cars to roll off the assembly line because I chose a 2015 color, vs. the 2016 color pallet. 

Does that mean they will contact me to let me know the car has been built?  (not necessarily)

Does that mean they will ship it first?  (not necessarily)

Does that mean I will get delivery first?  ( not necessarily)

But if I do hear something...  I promise to let you know directly.  :D

My guess is they have to build all 500 cars (or whatever it takes ) to fill the BOAT to capacity before they push off across the pond. :-/

Mancuso appears to have received a black Evora 400 demo car ? And state that they have no less than 5 other E400 in inventory. I guess these are the cars they were allocated and  are not in the US yet. Meanwhile my local dealer - Scotti - still displays info on the Evora S...  

1 hour ago, hyteck9 said:

99P,..  I realize this is not concrete information, but anything might help...

I was told my car will be one of the first "couple" USA cars to roll off the assembly line because I chose a 2015 color, vs. the 2016 color pallet. 

Does that mean they will contact me to let me know the car has been built?  (not necessarily)

Does that mean they will ship it first?  (not necessarily)

Does that mean I will get delivery first?  ( not necessarily)

But if I do hear something...  I promise to let you know directly.  :D

My guess is they have to build all 500 cars (or whatever it takes ) to fill the BOAT to capacity before they push off across the pond. :-/

Yeah, i've been told an actual number, 6th car inline bound for US for what that's worth.  Similarly, if I get some update, i'll let you know.  I hope your presumption of 100's of cars being needed to ship out is not accurate... Must be SOMETHING else being exported out of the UK that can fill those other containers :P

I'll ask the factory the state of play on Monday when they're open again. The website should be fixed now btw.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 7/15/2016 at 12:53, Bibs said:

I'll ask the factory the state of play on Monday when they're open again. The website should be fixed now btw.

So Bibs, did the factory provide any update?  I understand the US press launch is "imminent", but I'm more interested in if the cars have passed all the homo ligation and when they will actually start shipping customer pre-orders.  I know you guys in the UK feel supported by Lotus, having far more dealers within proximity and the production in country, but I can tell you as a prospective US customer, the total lack of communication out of Lotus HQ is troubling when I'm still trying to give them my money.  What is the ownership experience going to be if something does go wrong with the car after I'm in for the 110K?  My dealer can only be as good as their ability to get answers and support from Lotus and my experience so far is not good.

4 hours ago, 99Problems said:

So Bibs, did the factory provide any update?

I'm expecting more info tomorrow but I believe that production is almost 100% focussed on 400's for the USA and has been for a while. Will update this thread tomorrow, all being well. 

Evora NA

On 7/20/2016 at 11:36, Bibs said:

I'm expecting more info tomorrow but I believe that production is almost 100% focussed on 400's for the USA and has been for a while. Will update this thread tomorrow, all being well. 

Any update before the weekend Bibs?

On 7/22/2016 at 10:16, 99Problems said:

Any update before the weekend Bibs?

I think Bibs got eaten by the same T-Rex that must have eaten the USA Marketing department.  :-/

I was at the factory yesterday and the federal cars are being made ferociously and are pretty much ready to be shipped for arrival in the coming weeks. As soon as they are loaded into the containers, I'll let you know :)  

• Like 1

Evora NA

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I was at the factory yesterday and the federal cars are being made ferociously and are pretty much ready to be shipped for arrival in the coming weeks. As soon as they are loaded into the containers, I'll let you know :)  

Did you see a DARK BLUE one?!?

• Like 1

Well, hopefully there will be many happy US owners of the 400 soon (Brian, I'm sure the dark blue one will be the first into the container :P ).  Sadly I will not be one of them at this point, but I'll still be cheering for Lotus to succeed over here.  Maybe a few years down the line after they've been back in the market and they get their dealership communications sorted I'll find my way into whatever the latest iteration is.

Speaking of which, any US soon to be owners need a very nice TLF indoor car cover for the 400?  :thumbsup:

Edited by 99Problems