free hit
counters
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Evora 400

To add my useless 2 cents to the debate. I don't think the new Evora is poorly specced for a Supercar or a GT. However the list of pricey options that could generate lofty profits for the company could, should, would, ought to be a lot longer.  Anybody buying a poser Porsche will get at least one or two options, they won't add much to the car but the owner will be pleased with that.

i think the 3 specs available on Evora 400 are decent however they reflect poorly cause they've been obviously worded by a newbie or somebody who forgot we were in 2015.

the list of option should be as follow:

• exclusive custom paint scheme 5000$ 
  • premium audio system 5.1 surround sound designed by Alpine 4000$ 
  • premium audio system 7.1 surround sound designed by a premium brand 6000$ 
  • smartphone dongle 250$ (it's worth 25$ on eBay)
  • park assist (hd camera and sensors) 250$
  • cooled glovebox ( the car has one it cost almost nothing to add a vent in there) 350$
  • darkened rear lights 200$
  • darkened back up lights 150$
  • New Zealand or Scotland pure organic wool mats 1500$
  • organic leather seats 2500$
  • two tone leather cabin with bespoke stitching 4000$ 
  • two tone organic leather cabin with bespoke stitching 6000$
  • two tone Alcantara roof liner 1500$
  • carbon fiber door sills 1000$ 
  • trunk net 100$ (cost 10$)
  • carbon ceramic brakes (it is a supercar after all, it needs carbon ceramic brakes on the options list) 6000$
  • key leather pouch 50$
  • dashboard supersport white dials (km & rpm) with red needles 300$ + blue LED lighting for night driving 150$
  • heated steering wheel (I live in Canada ok) 150$
  • Lotus motorsport green seatbelt 500$
  • Lotus motorsport yellow seatbelt 500$
  • Lotus motorsport two tone (green with yellow stripe) seatbelt  600$
  • titanium exhaust pipe bits 500$
  • titanium exhaust system 3000$
  • Lotus motorsport green brake calipers 350$
  • Lotus motorsport yellow brake calipers 350$
  • Lotus motorsport gold brake calipers 400$

it should be about 2 pages long, it should be ludicrous and it should be for poseurs but poseurs these days do buy sportscars for the sake of it and Lotus should rack in some hefty margins.  Let's not forget one of the big target market for the car is China the second one will be California. The true Lotus drivers will be happy with the 3 base packs others will marvel at how special they can make their new toy. It's a win win.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not driven an Evora until last week. I drove over to Hofmann's in my 991 deliberately to make the back to back comparison. To echo Dave's points I was not disappointed with the cabin feel and qua

Good news!! I just got a call from the dealer.  Lotus sends apologies all around for the confusion and will be building the vehicle exactly as my order specified.   The color is officially no longer

Middle of next week

Posted Images

I went on a PH sunday morning meet last week, a new exige in dark blue (no wing)turned up and got lots of attention but didnt stay long, a nice yellow elan turned up too for the lotus fraturnity so hopefully the lotus PH'ers will stand up and give the negative comments some jip back!!

Hey Nico,

Don't forget the carbon-fibre Luis Vitton lugguage set for £5000 á la BMW i8. Can't go wrong with that. 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

now luggage Id definitely go for....

some for the boot/trunk and some for the seats/shelf.......

there are iso fix points so I reckon it should be like 2 satchels that clip onto the isofix points...

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Lotus can't become a status symbol unless they go more exotic, upmarket and expensive. The 1980 Turbo was the equivalent of Lotus matching (perhaps surpassing) the Ferrari 458 and McLaren 650S.

A drive yesterday in the dry sump and Chapman's audacity is very obvious and can't fail to raise a smile, it's the embodiment of his ambition. Having beaten Ferrari on the race track he saw no reason why he couldn't take them on with a road car. Targeting the 911 with the Evora was done by the marketing department, I think they were setting their sights far too low in comparison!

Lotus need to be the best at something, it's not enough to be competitive. The open door for them to push against is the road/track car. With the 911 GT3 north of £100k it presents an opportunity to own the £50-£100k space. Well it did until the GT4 came out! Stealing that car's thunder is a crucial opportunity for Lotus. They need a faster, cheaper, more exciting, more communicative alternative to be a thorn in Porsche's side in every GT4 test this year. Rattling Porsche's cage worked wonders for the Nissan GTR. Lotus need to do likewise. Go on the offensive. Be Virgin Atlantic to Porsche's British Airways.

The Evora's a 911 alternative and not the car to take the fight to the GT4. The Exige 400 is. It can't come soon enough.

As long as they are the Virgin Atlantic and not the Freddy Laker.

But, I think you are right, a new Exige with the 400 engine could be the Jack Russell to nip at the ankles of the GT4. Hopefully you can get in it without the aid of a tub of Vaseline and a crane.

Evora400---Metallic-Black-WEB.jpg?itok=e

If the tint is accurate I'm sorry but it means the business with the black pack in any bright color, the Lauch grey is not even the color that suits the car best as white and orange do look bonkers on it.

As for me the model above quite does it and I'll take the leather pack plus the 5.1 surround sound system I mentioned in my options list Oh and i need custom cup holders  cause the car doesn't get the Elige one.  

• Like 1

Most cars are launched in silver, it's very neutral but the Evora does work better in brighter colours for sure :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lotus can't become a status symbol unless they go more exotic, upmarket and expensive. The 1980 Turbo was the equivalent of Lotus matching (perhaps surpassing) the Ferrari 458 and McLaren 650S.

Likewise it'll take an Esprit to compete with those same cars today. The Evora was never marketed as a successor to the Esprit and I feel it has suffered as a result. It's always been a sort of stopgap model, while the motoring world waits for the return of the flagship.

Comparing to something as unexotic and drab as a Porsche is the wrong way to go any day of the week. Let the other mass produced autos duke it out amongst themselves - if you roll up in an Evora, a spectators first thought is more likely to be "Wow, what's that?" rather than "he should've bought a Porsche" (Motor journalists excluded). 

Anyway the marketing should be done accordingly - Lotus isn't for a person who can't quite afford a Porsche, it's for someone who appreciates exquisite handling, rarity and taste. 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

There are only base 7 colours available now.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs could you give JMG my options list for poseurs. I understand the need to simplify and add lightness but I believe poseurs exist to be take advantage off by applying ludicrous prices to things.... They could generate big fat margins for the company. ;)

I'm sure the motorsport premium colours will still be available, just a reduced palette of standard colours.

Evora NA

There are in fact 2 solid colours, 7 metallics and 3 signature colours. Bespoke options will be available still at cost. 

Evora NA

I'm sure the motorsport premium colours will still be available, just a reduced palette of standard colours.

ah ok thanks for that.... always good to see an unusual color lotus ... long may it last :) 

There are in fact 2 solid colours, 7 metallics and 3 signature colours. Bespoke options will be available still at cost. 

This is much more rational and reassuring. Lotus can charge a lot for bespoke paint job, 3000$, the poseur in me is happier now. 

Now lets talk about this interior... What can the trim shop do to spice things up a bit ? I'm sure the online configurator will be online soon, won't it?

Yup :)

Evora NA

I've not seen it yet but you would certainly think so! A proper online configurator is several hundred thousand by the way, they're not cheap... :huh:

Evora NA