free hit
counters
S1 and S2 rear hub differences - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
philleech

S1 and S2 rear hub differences

The rear hubs have different part numbers for the S1 and S2....D079D4004F and B079D4037F. Does anyone know how they differ if at all? Im guessing that they might be different to cope with the different wheels on the S1 and S2 but as I said its only a guess. 

Thanks

Phil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Phil,

I bough a 2nd hand S1 hub ages ago as a spare and it looks identical to the ones on the S2. Those part numbers aren't for left and right are they?

Pete

No it lists one for S1 and the other for S2. If yours look identical that helps. Ive got a set of Wolfraces to go on my S1 that has Speedlines on it and I didnt know if there was a different size spigot on S1 hubs that would give me something else to think about.

Thanks

Phil

Yes, they have different size centering rings (I know that's not the right word for it). I don't remember which is the larger.

The centreing ring is a spigot ring. Ive managed to measure the inside of a speedline wheel which is 57mm. Pete is there any chance that you could measure the outer diameter of this ring on you S1 hub please?

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

The S1 rear hubs have a larger spigot ring than the S2 - your Wolfrace wheels should have an ID of just under 70mm if you measure them.

S1 = 2.25" OD Front / 2.75" OD Rear

Both front & rear wheels use a 2.75" center bore.

S2 = 2.25" OD Front / 2.25" OD Rear
Both front & rear wheels use a 2.25" center bore.

​The fact that you have Speedlines on suggests your hubs may have been swapped or modified as they shouldn't fit ..

Cheers - Jon.

Thanks John thats exactly the info I needed. I couldn't get the measurement from my wolfraces as they aren't originally off an esprit and need to be modified accordingly.

Cheers

Phil