free hit
counters
Door hinge grease nipples - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
directordanw

Door hinge grease nipples

Hi all,

I'm about to refurb the doors of my Eclat 2.2 in the hope I can get them to hang straight - and stop the water that pools in the passenger footwell after a heavy downpour. Planning to fit grease nipples as recommended to the hinges. Has anybody got photos of these in situ so I can see the best place to drill and tap?

Many thanks, Dan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You must make sure you can get to the grease nipple when the door is back on the car.

Don't ask me how I know this !

I spoke with Lotusbits a while ago about this. They fitted new doorebeams and hinges to my car, and I was trying to find the grease nipples. They told me that they no longer fit the grease nipples as the grease just ended up in the wrong place. You just need to make sure water isn't able to penetrate into the hinge and all should be well. I plan to coat mine in oil from time to time to do this, or maybe coat the hinge in waxoyl.

ATB Richard

Thanks for that guys. I've got new beams so I'll hang those and hopefully with new seals I can stop the water getting in. Hopefully...

Thanks for that guys. I've got new beams so I'll hang those and hopefully with new seals I can stop the water getting in. Hopefully...

What seals are those?

The rubber door seals. I'm hoping that the water coming in is coming down behind the A pillar and then leaking in round the door because it's dropped at the hinge. I've had paper across the dash which has stayed dry and there's no water coming in round the screen, and the heater plenum is clear so the doors are my only other theory for the leak.