free hit
counters
Exige 400 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
goussama

Exige 400

I saw this article from Piston Heads today posted on Lotus Cars' Facebook page. It mentions that they plan on put the engine in the Evora 400 into the Exige. Wonder if their going to do other modifications to the Exige too. Maybe Bibs can lets us in on some info :P

"That 400hp version of the supercharged 3.5-litre V6 engine in the Evora 400 will also be going into the Exige S. That'll be part of a wholesale revision of the car along the same lines of the Evora 400."

"indeed Gales told us the production line as of two weeks ago was solely Exige S automatics bound for Asia. A 400 version would be serious fun. "400hp and less than 1,150kg. It will be number one," he said."

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/lotus--evora-400-and-beyond/31661

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's what you call a no-brainer.

I only hope they get it out soon to steal the Cayman GT4's thunder. It would pull its trousers down by any objective performance measure. But alas I fear they will delay the launch to give the Evora 400 more of a chance.

A chargecooled Exige 400 would probably force my much loved Exige into the classifieds, providing they leave the styling well alone. All it needs is the CupR aero kit.

I wonder if the 400 kit can be retro fitted - bit like the 260 upgrade on the S2 Exige?

If not there's always the Komotec route of course. Right now, I'm finding 350 more than adequate!

What I would be curious about whether how many other changes would come as well like the Michelin tyres, suspension, brakes etc...

[quote name="The Pits" post="556281" timestamp="1424465003"

A chargecooled Exige 400 would probably force my much loved Exige into the classifieds, providing they leave the styling well alone. All it needs is the CupR aero kit.[/quote

Mine too!

I don't think it will happen for a while as the Exige sales are still strong. Maybe in a year or two to give the Exige a lift before the new car in 2017

I hope they'll offer the 400 kits as a retro fit as it was something I had planned for mine.

It will be available, but won't be cheap to fit as a lot of bodywork will need to be removed to fit it.

Estimated £10k conversion I believe.

Trevor.

I got the Komo Tec kit waiting to install, still want to put some mileage a little before I install it so I'll be north of 400 hp anyways. What interests me is any potential upgrades to suspensions and brakes etc...

Trevor how did you get to the number? Rough estimate?

on a style side, an Exige roadster with that lovely interior and wing mirrors from the 400 would probably convince me

Edited by FredP

I was informed the Exige will be getting the 400 upgrade in 2016, when I was at the factory this week.

I got the Komo Tec kit waiting to install, still want to put some mileage a little before I install it so I'll be north of 400 hp anyways. What interests me is any potential upgrades to suspensions and brakes etc...

Trevor how did you get to the number? Rough estimate?

When it was announced I asked and that was the estimate from the factory.

Trevor.

It will be available, but won't be cheap to fit as a lot of bodywork will need to be removed to fit it.

bibs you sure?

i believe its a completely different SC, so not just a CC and there maybe gbox work too as well as LSD, i believe the rear sub frame of the evora 400  has had a load of lightening work done that could be passed over to the exige too....

if they adopt all the mods into a new exige in 2016 probably better just upgrading the car completely..... wish we could order this car tmrw frankly !

It's not that long to wait Diego. For those of us fortunate to have an Exige V6 in the garage, another season with an Exige '345' is no great hardship! But I share your enthusiasm for the whole idea - imagine the track day battles that await in 2016 - Cayman GT4, GT3RS, Nismo GTR, Ferrari 488.... 

I know everyone else is moving the game on too but I really think another 55bhp in an even lighter Exige will have dramatic results. The GT3RS details have been leaked and it's only a little more power (500ps) and little less weight. From my experience that won't be enough to stay ahead of the updated Exige despite the flannel that the car magazines will inevitably spout.

I have heard from a very well informed source only that the kit could be retro-fittable, not that it will. Ultimately Lotus Motorsport will do whatever their customers ask and are prepared to pay for, within reason, but I very much doubt the cost of doing it will be worthwhile compared to the cost to change.

I know that at least Komotec is working on a retrofit kit, probably reusing as much of the current setup as possible.

Do you reckon their going to make any changes to the look of the exterior/interior?

I reckon they will but I hope they don't!

If they follow what they've done to the Evora then lower sills are likely too, personally I prefer to maximise my side-impact protection. Some weight reduction is also likely after the 'tear down' process has been done and also some cost saving Proton parts are likely to feature. Assuming its easier to remove weight from a 1400kg Evora than a 1176kg Exige, the weight reduction is going to be less than 22kg. -20kg would bring it down to 1150kg for an S and, tantalisingly, to 1090kg for a Cup car without aircon.

You know stuff like the size of the sills and even things like the sound of rocks bouncing from underneath the car are what make me love it!

But some things in the interior like buttons/knobs and general look should get a small refresh, though it wouldn't matter much cos when your pressing on none of these things matter!

I also use those sills as an arm rest when cruising :P

Edited by goussama
  • Like 2

Emailed Jamie and he said late 2016 for the Exige 400 Cup...

Tis a long wait....I do hope there is some refresh as well as sorting out some niggles like the aircon button...!

Things I would like:

- better aero

- better finish on the black plastic bits

- better quality graphics or an option to paint them

- sports exhaust option

- option for more than 400bhp

- some other motorsports options...

• Like 1

Komotec 430 upgrade is 4,400 fitted by Hangar 111. I think my wife might let me have that in 3 years time. But another 30/40k for the factory version, I'm not so sure.