free hit
counters
Exige 400 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
goussama

Exige 400

Is the market lunch of the normal Exige S 400 late 2016 too?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

- option for more than 400bhp

- some other motorsports options...

:yes:

Farook for President (of Lotus)!

:thumbup:

Komotec 430 upgrade is 4,400 fitted by Hangar 111. I think my wife might let me have that in 3 years time. But another 30/40k for the factory version, I'm not so sure.

That seems like good value for another 80hp.  I assume though that the standard clutch/gearbox probably wouldn't cope with it for long, so that would add more £££££££.

I seem to recall the clutch/gearbox really aren't under that much pressure at 345bhp so don't think it's much of an issue.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I seem to recall the clutch/gearbox really aren't under that much pressure at 345bhp so don't think it's much of an issue.

makes a change for lotus :-)

To be honest, I'm looking forward to just getting my V6 in a couple of months time and sticking the full 2bular system on it. Let's face it, it's not going to be a slow car. I may consider the 400 (or above) upgrade at a later date, but I'm intending on hanging onto my car for longer than I normally would. Mainly because I've put a lot of time into getting it just right (custom colour, custom trimmed interior, etc). I know it's going to be a belter of a car and I'm really looking forward to it :D

Therefore if I do "upgrade" anything, it'll be to my car and not a replacement as I don't think I'd get all of the custom bits from Lotus again....

• Like 1

As I'm in the latter stages of "running in" I haven't yet exceeded the occassional 5000rpm. But even with that restriction in place, I can confirm that the 350 Exige is an indecently quick road car :)

I think it's only on the faster tracks that another 50hp may be useful, and then only so that you can run with the GTR boys on the straight bits!

• Like 1

You can never have enough power :)

I d like them to keep the overall styling, but wonder how much change is needed at the front (assume evora type changes to rear) for cooling purposes and so it may get more aggressive.

Hopefully they sort out the interior. Maybe new instrument cluster and panel (tooled such that can be used in the new elise), new wheels, upgrade the brakes (2 piece), sort out the gear linkage and ensure gearing is optimised for acceleration rather than chase a high top speed.

Is the current Evora and Exige on same platform? If so it would make sense to continue that so we'd get lower sills too. If not why go to the expense of changing something that works, is meant to be more 'race car' than 'road car' in philosophy and frankly adds a little to the 'occasion'.

Cup version a given, be interesting if they could get any weight out though.

And a decent cup holder. Drives me wild that...

Black n gold

i would be very surprised if they threw more money at development of the front end of the chassis and lowered the sills. a) its an exige, its part of the appeal and b) that chassis is at the end of its cycle (i assume the next gen car will use the a modified evora front end as well as back   )...

however, the interior maybe an easier one to work on, im not a big fan of the current binnacle or plastics used they show their age - must be 10 years old.  the 400 will be significantly more expensive,ergonomically there's nothing wrong with it but i think they are pushing the envelope with the quality of that interior at the current price. 

please god i hope they don't touch the styling, no doubt RC will have to put his oar in though :( and imvho i see the v6 exige as the best looking modern lotus with real presence in a long time.

wont make any friends on here saying this but all this obsessive shrink wrapping by RC  made things look toyish and cute. the exige v6 on the other hand  doesn't look like a toy next to a 458.... quite an achievement considering how small it is ! 

Just had the upgrade on my supercharger and ecu completed and now producing 437bhp. I can confirm that over 400bhp in an exige is definitely a fun experience!

so whats the difference???? lol 

can it actually  hold 437bhp w heat soak w/o a CC ? 

• Like 1

You won't be happy...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/69025-the-jmg-era-at-lotus/#entry557102

The Exige will naturally be facelifted, and get the new 400 engine too.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I'd say leave the styling well alone too. But if the theory about the Evora being the work of Donato Coco is true then Russell Carr might take a different approach to the Exige. Here's one he made earlier.

lotus-hot-wheels-concept1.jpg

Stick a hard-top on that and take the rest of the day off Russell!

Oh and for the list of MY2016 upgrades I'd add an adjustable steering column (great for taller drivers) and stick a TFT dash with lap timing etc in the pod, which should be covered in alcantara. Such an easy way to get one up on the Cayman GT4. AIM do this one with GPS data logging. Job done.

http://www.aimshop.co.uk/collections/car-dataloggers/products/aim-mxg-dash

• Like 1

however, the interior maybe an easier one to work on, im not a big fan of the current binnacle or plastics used they show their age - must be 10 years old.  the 400 will be significantly more expensive,ergonomically there's nothing wrong with it but i think they are pushing the envelope with the quality of that interior at the current price. 

Diego,

That's why I've asked for a custom trimmed interior. Here's one they did earlier for another owner (hopefully they won't mind me posting these)... Mine will be done the same but with yellow stitching:

DTzyGPa.png

esJo0Ub.png

EIpJKph.png

Nice.

Does anyone do carbon air vents?

Diego,

That's why I've asked for a custom trimmed interior. Here's one they did earlier for another owner (hopefully they won't mind me posting these)... Mine will be done the same but with yellow stitching:

DTzyGPa.png

esJo0Ub.png

EIpJKph.png

looks top notch CB !!!!! love it !!!!!! 

JP, im old fashioned i need a BIG analogue rev counter and a red light that tells me when im running out of fuel plus i use AIM on my kart so bit too much cross over for me  lol :) the adjustable steering would be so useful as i cant H&T properly without whacking my upper leg on the steering wheel as it stands.... if they could get the pedal box back by 1 inch that would be really useful too, 

bibs you sure?

i believe its a completely different SC, so not just a CC and there maybe gbox work too as well as LSD, i believe the rear sub frame of the evora 400  has had a load of lightening work done that could be passed over to the exige too....

if they adopt all the mods into a new exige in 2016 probably better just upgrading the car completely..... wish we could order this car tmrw frankly !

I've been told the same - not viable to do the upgrade on an existing V6, too much will need to be changed.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Ok Diego, TFT screen in the pod for Cup cars, problem solved ;)

I think La Ferrari's idea of a fixed seat and moveable pedal box would be perfect for the Exige, it's weight saving and also offers a lower seat and CofG and more headroom for taller drivers - win-win-win.

Oh, and a perspex engine cover please, for Cup models at the very least.

• Like 2

Thanks for the HGKFever link. Where can you get prices for that stuff?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Ok Diego, TFT screen in the pod for Cup cars, problem solved ;)

I think La Ferrari's idea of a fixed seat and moveable pedal box would be perfect for the Exige, it's weight saving and also offers a lower seat and CofG and more headroom for taller drivers - win-win-win.

Oh, and a perspex engine cover please, for Cup models at the very least.

good call  :thumbsup:

Wonder if it'll sound as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH5_JK_kSo8

Black n gold

Did I not mention that in my article? The Elise too will have lower and thinner sills. 

Evora NA

Did not see it mentioned, apologies if you did! I don't mind the sills as they are but these changes would certainly free up some leg room. If so I can't help but assume that the dash will get a refresh too, or at least the sides where the sills meet the dash.