free hit
counters
Exige 400 - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
goussama

Exige 400

Apologies not necesessary Jonny. I'm just pointing it out to you, so you know. That's what the forum is for ;-)
Steven left to work for McLaren. I already noticed some hints in the new car and I'm sure it will be even more obvious when the "baby" Mac will be presented.
I guess Steven would never have allowed such a hideous nose on the facelift Evora.

Edited by Exploded

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hahah yep about 4000 I think....on a good day! Thats why I was surprised when I saw the Zenos has a backbone chassis!

Buddsy

Same thought crossed my mind Buddsy.

I believe that Komotec Exige was not an Exige Cup, so not fully comparable.

true but for whatever reason i'm not seeing anywhere near 80hp difference on the straighter stuff in the vid, 80hp at that weight should be night and day frankly.... might just not be clear from the videos ?  

irrespective of who is the more advanced driver / cup vs S a straight-ish line tends to even all that out and that difference would 'really' show imo.  

I've moved the discussion on the differences between the V6S and V6 Cup to a new thread entitled 'V6S vs V6 Cup'.

It's the place to go to watch V6S (and LF1! ;)) owners doubting the Cup, while V6 Cup owners (ok, mainly me!) try to justify the premium. Long may it continue, just somewhere else!

:thumbup:

These days I'm paranoic about this coming 400 Exige :smoke: .

If I sold my Duratec S1 I could have a sabbatical period waiting for the new one (possibly in Cup version), hoping it will be LSD equipped, but I'm pretty sure they will fit one.

Meanwhile it's so difficult to stay without a serious toy into the garage.

Edited by giorgiozeta

I'm not sure that it's the good moment to buy a new Exige S. Please Lotus , we want an Exige 400.

• Like 1

Re the lower sills, do you think they could use the ones from the Tesla Roadster ?  

They are slightly lower, but apparently stronger and lighter.

Some back story top it here:

http://my.teslamotors.com/no_NO/node/3885

Still some side impact protection, but they are marginally easier to get in/ out of than an Elise/Exige.  (It's still not 4 door saloon easy obviously :D

Hi guys just purchased my new exige s coupe today and there is no word over here in Australia about the Exige 400! However i can tell you my Exige s was 155k with pretty much every option the evora s was 165k however we can no longer order the evora s here only the evora 400 and pricing is not confirmed buy dealer is telling me around 230k thats a huge jump in price! And if the exige is the same im glad i got in now

Just to give you a broader scope nissan GTR here is 185k and cayman GT4 210k

You should get a Tesla P85D, they are mega cheap in Oz!   ;)

We have S85 155k but no infasrructure for that kind of car here

Welcome to TLF Benny.:welcome:

Noticed that you are new here. Duck over to the Introductions area and say hi as well. :)

And you are right. We don't have the infrastructure here for the Teslas (or any electric car) unless you get home when you are flat. I believe the federal government also said it wasn't going to happen for a long while yet.

We have S85 155k but no infasrructure for that kind of car here

We don't really have the infrastructure here either ;) I was just surprised how cheap they are relative to the other stuff on your list.

(Though I appreciate luxury cars are all just plain expensive in Oz)

For and s85 you don't need a huge amount of infastructure........ 300 miles on a charge is pretty much good for most uses. Not sure about oz - stuff is a fair bit more spread out!!!

Most if not All the UK motorway stations now have chargers - as do all the Ikeas.

I bought the wife a Nissan Leaf typical achievable range is 90 not 124 - but for her lugging the kids around etc it's ideal - she's down 25k miles in a year and never run it flat. Great for her...... Forward button, reverse, go pedal and stop pedal! You can have a charger fitted at home for free. Wouldn't use the car for long runs - we do the occasional long hop in it - and plan in a stop - but I find it a pain in the arse to be honest - and the car was never bought for that use.

I would love a tesla!!! They ooze lushness. The leaf is surprisingly good........

Hi guys just purchased my new exige s coupe today and there is no word over here in Australia about the Exige 400! However i can tell you my Exige s was 155k with pretty much every option the evora s was 165k however we can no longer order the evora s here only the evora 400 and pricing is not confirmed buy dealer is telling me around 230k thats a huge jump in price! And if the exige is the same im glad i got in now

Just to give you a broader scope nissan GTR here is 185k and cayman GT4 210k

I think you'll find the Exige 350 is plenty fast, and an utter joy to drive - congratulations on a great choice!

For and s85 you don't need a huge amount of infastructure........ 300 miles on a charge is pretty much good for most uses. Not sure about oz - stuff is a fair bit more spread out!!!

Most if not All the UK motorway stations now have chargers - as do all the Ikeas.

I bought the wife a Nissan Leaf typical achievable range is 90 not 124 - but for her lugging the kids around etc it's ideal - she's down 25k miles in a year and never run it flat. Great for her...... Forward button, reverse, go pedal and stop pedal! You can have a charger fitted at home for free. Wouldn't use the car for long runs - we do the occasional long hop in it - and plan in a stop - but I find it a pain in the arse to be honest - and the car was never bought for that use.

I would love a tesla!!! They ooze lushness. The leaf is surprisingly good........

I've got a Tesla ;)  Not a P85D unfortunately. I've had mine for almost a year now, so have got a reasonable handle on them.

The real issue is big day round trips for work. There was a big spat between Tesla and Ecotricity (the ones doing the motorways/Ikea), which meant the Supercharger thing stalled and we don;t have a complete network or ideally placed sites. The motorway service chargers take hours to recharge a Tesla, so you still need an element of planning.   They came to an out of court settlement this week, so hopefully we will see some progress.

I'd say bank on 200-220 miles @ 70MPH, 300 miles is wildly optimistic at any speed.  Almost there for a full day of running around on motorways, but until the Superchargers are more widespread it is still slightly limited, and I have left it at home and taken the Lotus on a couple of occasions.

Fortunately I'm office based, and it's battery is complete overkill 95% of the time. I reckon it would show an Exige a clean pair of heels away from the lights (unless you got the launch spot on.) The Tesla even a trained chimp could post a good 0-60 time. Personally I find it a bit of a big luxo-barge now though and just pootle everywhere in it, which it is supremely good at, they never were designed to be sports cars despite the impressive numbers.. They do lack a bit of "soul", but the power delivery is amazing up to 70 which is all you really need for a road car.

Anyway back on topic...

Enjoy the car Benny, it real is pretty special, and if it weren't for the fuel costs and mileage worries I'd be driving mine everywhere ;)

I think you'll find the Exige 350 is plenty fast, and an utter joy to drive - congratulations on a great choice!

I agree....and I'm still running the car in. For road use, 350bhp is more than enough and I can't see that I'll ever want more (although I may change my mind :)).

Whilst the car has the power and is quick, it's the ability to carry that speed through corners that's the most impressive. With other sporty cars that I've had, you need to use the more traditional "slow in fast out" approach, but the Exige you can (within the realms for physics) hold onto the straight line pace through the bends :)

I cant wait to get it its going to be a long 4 weeks! I am buying it from a Lotus dealer in Sydney called Simply Sports Cars they are upgrading the supercharger to a bigger harrop one with pully and tune and will waranty the car with upgrades 8k to get 415 hp so i thought why not!

I like the look of that blower! Not hard to believe that will make over 400bhp! 

Had an interesting discussion with Daniel Koblitchek (Komotec) last Saturday on their charge cooler work.

They completed a working prototype, but discovered a few problems. First off, boost pressure actually fell, which is not what u would expect. It turns out the Exige/Evora stock compressor is too small to deliver larger air quantities. 

So they went back to the drawing board, using the same larger compressor that is in the Evora 400, which in turn required an air intake redesign and, of course, a further redesign of the cooling pipes and radiator... , Daniel did say they would likely have key parts like the charge cooler made by 3D printing.

Daniel indicated numbers around 470-480 HP. 

So, what started small seems to have become a bigger conversion. No info on pricing yet. 

Here is picture of the bigger supercharger and my new beast :unworthy:

thats massive :) 

Had an interesting discussion with Daniel Koblitchek (Komotec) last Saturday on their charge cooler work.

They completed a working prototype, but discovered a few problems. First off, boost pressure actually fell, which is not what u would expect. It turns out the Exige/Evora stock compressor is too small to deliver larger air quantities.

So they went back to the drawing board, using the same larger compressor that is in the Evora 400, which in turn required an air intake redesign and, of course, a further redesign of the cooling pipes and radiator... , Daniel did say they would likely have key parts like the charge cooler made by 3D printing.

Daniel indicated numbers around 470-480 HP.

So, what started small seems to have become a bigger conversion. No info on pricing yet.

Sounds expensive!

Sounds expensive!

How expensive is a sports car with 480 hp ??  ;)

Ok Ok TBD wait a sec! You are saying that Daniel from Komotec and his crew are working on a 400bhp of the 3GR-FE "Edelbrock supercharged" and that this engine could get more bhp like 470-480...  Does that mean that you are getting a new engine upgrade. Are you planning on hunting 911 GT3 RS?

And does it mean that the Evora Cup/R/GT/lightweight/ or insert your favorite name here,  could get a whole lot more than the 420bhp anticipated in the 3-Eleven.

It appears that the Exige 400 could be named Exige Sport 400 from the Prototype seat found on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/151715250805?clk_rvr_id=854717878028&item=151715250805&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&rmvSB=true

Edited by NedaSay