free hit
counters
Exige 400 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 400

goussama

Nice one!  An 11.8 is flying!  What sort of MPH did you run?  High teens?

I definitely have to come see your car!  I caught up with Darrin (Who had the SSC intercooler kit) recently and he was explaining just how fast the car was with that sort of power, which sounds crazy!

How do you find the race-mode system works with that power?

I only did two 1/4 mile runs, the first I stuffed a gear change and ran 13.1 secs. The second was 11.8, but I think a better driver would have gone quicker. (Also the car was running quite hot by then).

The remapped ecu also would make a huge difference which I forgot to mention. I bought the car new (2015 model) and ssc had issues tuning it originally as it was a newer model chip than on 2014 backwards. The car is much smoother on idle after the tune than the first few months I had it.

I'm thinking of getting a rear wing (I've got the roadster), but until ssc works out how to remove the limiter on the roadster, (and I buy a hard top!) probably not much point! :) Its also my daily driver so not going to do too much track work.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah race mode is a little "twitchy", I don't use it on public roads. I'm looking to get the intercooler too at some point. I was doing around 122mph (196kph) when I crossed the line. Which is good as the roadster is limited to 233 kph ;)

• Like 2

2015 Orange Exige V6

Yeah race mode is a little "twitchy", I don't use it on public roads. I'm looking to get the intercooler too at some point. I was doing around 122mph (196kph) when I crossed the line. Which is good as the roadster is limited to 233 kph ;)

Splitting hairs, but in my experience it's probably 240kph.  My GPS clocked 148mph with the speedo reading 150mph. (This was on the German Autobahn)

I managed this with roof off and on.  The latter was much scarier as you can see daylight develop between the top of the windscreen and the roof  :o   

Wow - that's Porsche Turbo/GTR fast.

• 1 year later...

Looks like it could have quite a radical aero package for a road car. The CupR race car had a single canard on the front, only the 311 Race version has two.

Aero is definitely an area for improvement with the Exige, currently the Elise Cup cars produce more.

Rumours are for 380bhp no chargecooler. This should keep weight low however. A chargecooled Exige would definitely have weighed more than the current car.

Facebook will be disappointed, everyone's expecting an Exige 400/410!

ok ... a REAL 380bhp car would be a good step, and would keep the Exige above the Evora 400 ! but if intercooler and all the plumbing stuff is too heavy, why Lotus is not going the bigger supercharger route, "à la" SSC  ? 

just for my knowledge, how much downforce canards (french word for duck :P !) are supposed to add ? I may have canards for christmas, but until now it was supposed to be for meal ...

Edited by French Frie

Taking a closer look there does appear to be some carbon weave visible on the front splitter, so perhaps this could have a carbon aero pack option to reduce the weight further (like the Cup 250)? Could it even be lighter than 1099kg? If so that would be amazing but aero parts do add weight so who knows?

In addition to the front splitter it looks like an extended rubber lip has been added (similar to the Sport 300 Esprit. This is a great solution because it will protect the expensive carbon splitter and also improve frontal aero even more. If it wears out just get a new rubber trim.

15123375_1322963534414755_32713750583267

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

OMG. Talk about keeping us in suspenders!  

The elastics really starting to itch now. Please, come on, pull the wraps off this little baby quick!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I know we've only been waiting 18 months!

I did read elsewhere that a 360 Cup won't let his owner heel and toe. Now this particular place is a hot bed of misinformation and scandalous nonsense but if it's true (and the owner can heel and toe other cars) and this is how cars are going to come out of Hethel from now on, then it would automatically rule out any orders from me. A manual track car which won't allow heel and toe downshifts would frustrate me beyond belief. I will be keeping my V6 Cup indefinitely! I very much hope it is yet more nonsense. I heard of a problem with left foot braking, that I can live without, but not heel and toe. That said I'm not sure how a car's ecu would tell the difference. If the fly by wire throttle allows heel and toe, why not left foot braking?

Any 360 Cup owners out there having trouble with heel and toe?

Chop chop, we're all dying to see what my 4th Exige V6 will look like :P

Regarding the heel+toe issue, it only seems to be isolated to one single 360 Cup at the moment. Other 360 owners seem to be reporting theirs as being ok. Makes no sense but I've no reason to dispute at the moment. I'm with Jonny however, if it turns out to be a future model 'feature'. Even these auto-blip systems on recent manual cars grate me when you hear that on cars like the M2 you have to turn all driver aids off to turn off the blip feature in order to do it yourself.

Isn't there some legislation that means if both pedals are pressed, the ECU cuts the power so one doesn't drive into a wall in a panic, as some folk have done in the past?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes, I am pretty sure Pistonheads had that issue in the Elise S CR when they tested a few years ago at Spa - the engine management light (spanner) came on. Lotus identified this was caused by left foot braking rather than heal and toe. I would be quite surprised if they have prevented heal and toe - maybe in tour mode only?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Isn't there some legislation that means if both pedals are pressed, the ECU cuts the power so one doesn't drive into a wall in a panic, as some folk have done in the past?

Maybe aunt Daisy in her Maestro but never, ever in a Lotus, surely!!!:o

8 minutes ago, Spinney said:

Maybe aunt Daisy in her Maestro but never, ever in a Lotus, surely!!!:o

Legislation is usually for the lowest common denominator. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.