free hit
counters
Is a Sport Racer worth it - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jako999

Is a Sport Racer worth it

Hi all as you may know i'm thinking of getting a Lotus I think I have now decided it will be an Elise not an exige because I want the roof off most of the time. The big question now is 111S K engine or 111R toyota I have no idea? I've now got another problem I've seen a 111R sport Racer its around £4000 more then a standard car so is it worth it's at £22,000 for a 2006 30,000 miles 3 owners.

It would be great to drive the cars back to back but its not going to happen, if I did go for a 111S

I could save a lot of money and still have fun at around £15,000.

This is harder then I thought because there is the two engines and lots of model changes. There is also the SC supercharged which will blow the budget but i'm only going to do this one so I need to get it right.

If there is anyone in the Halesowen B63 (south Birmingham) area who is willing to take me out in either car and chat that would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Edited by jako999

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Why don't you come to the breakfast meet tomorrow Banbury great place to talk lotus

Eddie

It's sat give silverstone at call test drive

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s2/lotus-elise-1-6-mk3-2010/3603372

Need to drive them and they got a supercharged one to try .

Edited by Eddie King

R engine over K engine.

You can get an exige with no roof you know? :getmecoat:

I prefer the Toyota R engine, 8500rpm, vtec kick and a better gearchange too. £4k is a stiff premium for a SportsRacer, they are nice, I had one myself, but a high spec '07 R is just the same apart from the paint and minor interior changes. Don't get hung up on aircon in an Elise, you won't miss it and can save money and 15kg by doing without it.

After owning both my 111S and the Special build Elise R hybrid both great cars .

It all depends on how much you got to spend .

In the end it's a lotus fantastic cars .

Eddie

Thanks all. Sorry I would have loved to come down to Banbury but I was at work.