free hit
counters
Copenhagen Belt Fest - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sparky

Copenhagen Belt Fest

Slowly dragging myself, kicking and screaming, back to a modicum of fitness, so maybe it's time to start discussing possibilities with our Danish and Swedish buddies.

Last I heard, 4 Esprit cambelts were in the plan, but that could have changed?  I think it might be good if Chris (internets) came with me to share the load.

I have a busy year of travel coming up, but there's a nice window in June. (Chris?)

I have no intention of being paid for the work - it'll be fun!  But it would be nice to try and cover some of the cost of transportation etc.

Of course, this is in no way an excuse to party and have a few drinks.  :innocent:

So, if people are still up for it, let's have a chat about what, when, where and how!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great initiative Mr. Sparky.

Copenhagen is ready for a June gathering with both, belt change and party.

I will ask localy (DK/SE) for participants again, but true, it was 4 belts last I asked.

I have the garage/workshop ready for the event so it is just a matter of how many now.

/Kim

Hi Sparky,

THANK YOU!!!  :gathering:

As soon as I know the days, I'll ask myself free from job.

We'll gather as many as possible ;)

When I mentioned it to you last time in Copenhagen, you spoke about bringing materials, like belts, tensioner Wheels etc. Is this still the way forward?

And would it be a good idea to have parts ready for the generator belt and aircon belt/tensioner?

So all belts and tensioners will be fresh? (at least I would really like that).

What about tools? Some special needed? Or do you bring those, and we have the rest?

I just spoke to two Esprit (stevens Turbo and Stevens Turbo SE (like mine) guys (Gert and Martin) just an hour ago, and they would very much like to get theirs done too ;)

We'll take car of airtickets (or pay them) and food, beer, music etc. :guitar: Which beer do you Guys prefer? ;) (as in which brand or just a lot?)

I'll speak to Kim too and I know he know someone else who would also like his belt changed. So maybe at least 5 Esprits?

Kind regards,

Jacques ;)

Jacques

As I recall from the Beltfest a couple of years ago Gary runs best on Sailor Jerry rum  :wine:

Sounds like fun, I might come and point at stuff! I can supply all parts required fresh from the factory if you get me an order list together.

Ya know, I had a feeling you might turn up!

Rum :D

After the belt changes, naturally.

Chris and I will chat tomorrow and answer your questions as best we can, Jacques. This could be fun...

Cheers!

So Bibs wawe his magic wand, and Down falls parts galore. And Kim, Gert, Martin and I, and others, collect them and hand them over to Sparky and Chris, who do the hard part, while we fire up the grill?

Just a suggestion, maybe we can clean up my head light washer system on the Esprit, and add something stronger than light washer fluid, say, Rum?

Next day: No Sir, I did not drink, only cleaned up a light washer system on a Lotus ;)

Jacques ;)

Wow, this is new to me but if I understand correctly, a bunch of Esprit owners team up, change a few cam belts and have a party?
Sounds totally great! Is it possible to join? I live in the south of Sweden (Ängelholm) roughly 1 hour drive to Copenhagen.
I need to change mine and have bought the belt from SJ but haven't mustered the guts to go ahead. Not sure how to do it and get the tension correct. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and loose some skin on my knuckles. Chipping in financially for traveling expenses for the gurus goes without saying.

Hi Henrik,

I am sure you are most wellcome.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Hi Henrik, you are now officially on the list. We just have to set the dates for the event.

Stick to this topic for more info.

Regards

/KIm

I will keep an eye on this topic for sure :)

Belt Fest? I'm thinking of having a Bush Fest. Not a euphemism, before you get too excited. Rear suspension.

Long way to go to see a Kent bush

Despite I had a recent belt change, I would like to join you - one can allways learn a trick or two.

Bibs mentioned something about bringing parts, if we could put a list together.
What other parts would be good to change at the same time? New belts all around?
Parts of the tensioner?

I am thinking about converting to fuel injection (have carbs today), maybe a good opportunity
to fit an aftermarket trigger wheel to the back of crankshaft pulley. I'll PM "Changes" (the 412bhp thread) to see if this is easy to do or if it needs balancing and stuff. If it's only to thread the wheel onto the axle before the pulley it will not delay anything.

Well come to Copenhargen :)

Looking forward to see you all

Yasuo

If I put mine to sea soon :scooter: ....

Hello all followers!

It is now official. The Copenhagen Belt Party will be the first weekend in July 2015. 

Later we will set up a webpage for signing up to attend the Party on Saturday the 4th. of July.

Info on flight and accomodation will be available to!

Hope to se many people so prepare now...

/Kim 

Looking forward to that. Maybe I'll even get mine back together before that weekend ;) Sure I will, even if I have to Work all nights.

See you in Copenhagen;)

Jacques.

ps: Kim, I may have a present for you, so give me a shout.