free hit
counters
Copenhagen Belt Fest - Page 11 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Copenhagen Belt Fest

• Gold FFM

We need the Gert video!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A scissor lift and a dry garage? Sparky won't be able to cope with them.   Here's what you need do do:- Go to the local garden centre, get several bags of small-sized gravel. Spread it out on the fl

Headed out to my summer cottage today, a 417 km drive and I was hesitant whether to take the jagg or the SE since the SE has been giving me headaches the last 10 days. But.... I reasoned like this, if

Not many car communities would want to pull Sparky off to be fair...

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Ahhh, a bottle of rum and a good electrical storm.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I'm liking th look of the hunks of meat on the bbq..... Now that's worth coming for next time

Then we need to cut the slices smaller to feed the poor guys!

Sparky even got the time to get a new Tatoo!

post-5084-0-93268800-1436142162.jpg

/Kim 

• Gold FFM

Well, that's a wrap.

A fantastic event, beautifully choreographed by Kim, attended by a great bunch of owners whose hospitality was legendary.

Chris and I are sitting at the bar in CPH (flight is delayed, naturally) reflecting on all the amazing experiences of the weekend. Once home and rested, there'll be lots to tell!

Thanks guys for looking after us, we'll do it all again sometime...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

And Chris, of course. :-)

It was fantastic weekend with so many Esprit together !

Many thanks to  Sparky and Chris to  vist CPH with  a lot of  tecnical expertises. also  thanks to Kim who organized.

Also nice to meeting  Vanya,Corban from TLF members from Sweden.

What a great weekend :)

P.S  Also Thanks to  TLF  ( without TLF could not happen this event)

Yasuo 

post-386-0-68369200-1436208889.jpg

post-386-0-01868500-1436208911.jpg

post-386-0-72759500-1436208930.jpg

post-386-0-93721300-1436208943.jpg

post-386-0-19979700-1436208988.jpg

Gathering a bunch of looney Esprit aficionados in one place might make you reach critical mass. As we all now this is the mother of good ideas. Well, we weren't only gulping down delicious steaks in the evening (and drinking beer), there were some creative thinking going on too (believe it or not). Judging from the success of the belt fest, the interest on the forum for the event and the time it takes to book dates in your calendar, early announcement was found critical for a successful gathering of Esprit enthusiasts. Suggested was a tour of Norway (in Esprits of course) the next summer (2016). The Norwegian fjords and their surroundings might be some of the most beautiful sceneries in the world (and according to the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, also prize winning). There are serpentine roads, steep hills, remote villages and astounding views to be experienced. There are some Esprit owners in Norway despite the fact that their tax regulations are almost like the ones in Denmark. Plan is to put a thread up on the forum soon about this arrangement and hopefully our friends in Norway will help suggesting places to see, roads to ride, places to stay and beers to drink. Keep your eyes open (and your minds) for the upcomming thread :)

Imagine 15 or more Esprits with sports exhausts roaring down a 5 km tunnel (Norwegian roads are littered with tunnels)

post-17332-0-33437400-1436215802.jpg

post-17332-0-03063700-1436215810.jpg

post-17332-0-03353000-1436215833.jpg

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

Trying to find and PM Norwegian members right now. There are some but last active so far 2014. They have to hang with the Ferrari crowd it seems :) (poor sods) :hrhr:

========================================
Torque times RPM equals horsepower!

Hi Martin, and wellcome to a really great forum. You can also introduce yourself in the "Introductions" part of the forum.

Thanks to all of us who arranged the Copenhagen Belt Fest. A lot of work but really worth the effort. Everyone chimed in doing many small and big tasks and made it happen, and of course a very big thanks to Gary and Chris for their invaluable help, Work and knowledge, making it much more possible to maintain an Esprit. I think it's a fantastic thing they are doing, which is in Deep contrast to say the Danish Lotus dealer, who doesn't give any interest to neither the Lotus brand, nor the owners and the Esprit's.

Finally also a great thanks to everyone else who either stayed or passed by as much as they could during this Friday, Saturday, Sunday!

Really great to see so much interest in what started as an idea long ago.

This could also be some input to more of the same in various countries, which may enhance the Lotus connection between members and Lotus owners. Hmm... One may think of contacting Lotus themselves to hear what they have to say. Hmm...

And finally thanks to all of you out there, being a member of a supreme Lotus Forum, run by Bibs, and if it wasn't for his constant effort, I'd probably never met all of you Guys. Really fun to see so much interest in this idea of a belt fest. Let's hope there will be more of them!

And heads up to those out there in the World, who just bought an Esprit and may be thinking that this is a seriously difficult car to work on. I think it is a serious car, needing serious attention to keep it serious ;) But not impossible. So much better to learn to do it yourself, than giving it over to a shop.

Thanks guys and girls ;)

Jacques

ps: Oh, they put the hose clamp so it's nearly impossible to loosen...   ;)

post-1034-0-43303900-1436219077.png

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

:thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Sounds nice, makes me miss my Esprits  :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

It all got a bit weird in Helsingor.  Something to do with rhino horn.

post-4129-0-36728400-1436299029.jpg

post-4129-0-36975500-1436299009.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@Vanya: hehehe