free hit
counters
Copenhagen Belt Fest - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sparky

Copenhagen Belt Fest

is this privite finger pointing party or can anyone join in?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anyone, Cliff!  I think Bibs is thinking about coming along for a point.

ahhhh...................copenhagen.....................finger pointing................herring.....................rum

where do I sigh up ..............

either works for me.........

This sounds pretty awesome. Keep me posted. I can fly out of Stockholm - would be cool to hang out with you guys. (Might take The SE...:))

I just have to get a NYC trip out of the way, then next week Kim and I will start organising it all for the first week in July.

Take the SE Vanya! Pass Ängelholm on the way and I will join with my car :)

Or fly Bromma-Ängelholm and hitch a ride with me from there.

• Like 1

The time has come to bite the bullet and commit!

Chris and I plan to come over on the morning of Friday 3 July, or possibly the night before, and return Sunday 5 July in the evening.  Kim has organised a hotel for us.

The Beltfest will take place in Roskilde; I'm sure Kim will post details shortly.

I'll be bringing a small essential toolkit (if it's not confiscated or lost!) but we'll need access to plenty of tools and lifting/support equipment, which I hope you'll collectively be able to provide.

With 5 belts to do it'll be pretty busy, so the idea is to have everyone involved in preparation and finishing so that we can get on with the core tasks.

We'll be funding our own flights.  We'll be totally dependent on you lot for pretty much everything else though!

This will take a fair amount of organisation, so please bear with us as we work out all the details...

Sparky, do you need my vin, model etc. to identify the correct parts, like belts, tensioners etc?

I think I heard Kim talking about dropping a few Liters of coolant, so I guess we should prepare for that as well.

Anything else for the work you need us to bring ?

Cheers,

Jacques.

Hi Jacques

Parts required for the belt change will be cambelt, aux belts, tensioner bearing and antifreeze.  Also, I suggest you have access to any hose clips etc. that may be required, as I can't bring a caseload of contingencies!

Everyone should bring 5 litres of their preferred coolant.

Those having a belt change need to let me know - quickly - how they want their parts procured.  Bibs has offered a discount factory parts service.  Alternatively I can source the appropriate items from PNM.  Be aware that if you order a cambelt from me, it will be a Gates Powergrip 5206 (I assume all the cars are Stevens?) - 1mm narrower, but what I use all the time, and approximately £25.

What Bibs or I will need is just the Esprit model/year, and whether it has aircon.

If you can source your own parts, by all means do so - it will reduce any risk of being short/wrong on the day!

So, let's have a list of owners, cars, and parts requirements.  Over to you...

I will most likely be flying down and could probably bring some tools with me, let me know if you guys need anything. I'll leave my Esprits at home this time round.  

Yes please, I would like Bibs to bring cambelt, aux belts and tensioners.

I would also like you to bring a PNM sourced belt that you mentioned as spare.

I will bring some hose clips and coolant and demineralized Water. 16 Liters in total.

And I will also get my tools with me, together with a flat Jack.

I suggest everyone to do the same, regarding tools.

Question: would it be wise to change the thermostat in the same time? Mine seems to have a Little bit of trouble reaching 82 degrees.

Mine is a Lotus Esprit Turbo SE 1990 and have aircon.

Do you need funds transferred in advance, or can I just pay you or Bibs there? In Gbp?

With regards to Bibs and parts, shall I pm him on this?

Cheers,

Jacques.

Hi Jacques

Parts required for the belt change will be cambelt, aux belts, tensioner bearing and antifreeze.  Also, I suggest you have access to any hose clips etc. that may be required, as I can't bring a caseload of contingencies!

Everyone should bring 5 litres of my preferred gin.

Those having a belt change need to let me know - quickly - how they want their parts procured.  Bibs has offered a discount factory parts service.  Alternatively I can source the appropriate items from PNM.  Be aware that if you order a cambelt from me, it will be a Gates Powergrip 5206 (I assume all the cars are Stevens?) - 1mm narrower, but what I use all the time, and approximately £25.

What Bibs or I will need is just the Esprit model/year, and whether it has aircon.

If you can source your own parts, by all means do so - it will reduce any risk of being short/wrong on the day!

So, let's have a list of owners, cars, and parts requirements.  Over to you...

To which Ian replied...?  :-)

Jacques, I don't disturb the thermostat housing when I do the cambelt.  It's entirely up to you if you want to replace it at the same time.  I'm OK to collect cash (preferably GPB) in Denmark.

Bibs, are you joining the partay?

So, the story so far:

Jacques - Esprit SE 1990, aircon

From Bibs:  cambelt, tensioner bearing, aux belts (3)

From me:    additional Gates Powergrip 5206 cambelt

Hahaha, got it!

Sometimes, I'm worry about you. Make sure you can see well enough to put those belts on, eh?

Wait, they're not suspender belts, are they..

I prefer to keep them on.

It does add a certain twang when you're bending over the car.

Hi,

I am in a strange situation. Last week I bought an SE, MY90 from a dealer here in Sweden, included is a belt change and a service. For me that spells C-service (which includes a lot of stuff). I havn't gotten the car yet. This dealer used to be an authorized Lotus garage but isn't anymore. The sales man, as it turns out, doesn't know that much about Esprits but they hire a mechanic when the need arises. I haven't been able to speak to the mechanic yet, as I would like to know what they are going to do with the car. I am trying to reach him as I write (almost). I don't know if they will change all the belts, if they change tensioner bearings etc etc.

So my thoughts are like this, I MUST attend this belt fest in Denmark :-) even if they do a complete C-service on the car. Can't miss this opportunity to meet up with a serious Esprit crowd, BBQ and have some beers. Since I don't know the extent of the service (except for the timing belt) I think wisest is to have all the other belts and the tensioner bearings ready. And I think it is a good idea to have the tension checked. I would also really appriciate a second oppinion on the car and what I need to fix. I already know the impeller is a gonner.

So I will need the following:

From Bibs:  cambelt, tensioner bearing, aux belts (3)

Lotus Esprit Turbo SE, MY90, aircon

If I don't need them now, I will later so I'll just keep em for the next service.

No worries Henrik!  It'll be great to meet up and we can give your car a good look over.

Chris and I plan to come over on the morning of Friday 3 July, or possibly the night before, and return Sunday 5 July in the evening. 

With BA? Cheapest I can see with them is over £350 return which is a bit strong for a weekend on the lash...

It's a very busy weekend, so BA and SAS will be expensive. Chris remains on my travel concession following our NYC trip in March. Unfortunately I can nominate only one! There are some excellent deals to be had with other carriers though.